The D&AD Professional Awards 2017 are open for entries and, because winning a Pencil is often the highlight of a creative career, D&AD decided to take a look at the people behind the campaigns and find out what it really means to those who win. Of course, that was all done through the eyes of those that know them best – their mums.
This is the second year that D&AD has worked with Lucky Generals for its promo campaign. Danny Brooke-Taylor, co-founder of Lucky Generals, talked about the inspiration behind the campaign: “Your mum. No-one’s prouder of you than her. And imagine how proud she’d be if you won a Pencil.”
Creatives whose mum’s are featured:
- Ali Ali – Director, Sonny London
- Joanna Monteiro – Chief Creative Officer, FCB Brasil
- Jose María Piera – Executive Vice President, *S,C,P,F…
- José María Roca de Viñals – Chief Creative Officer, DDB Spain
- John Allison – Head of 4Creative
- Lisa Smith – Head of Design, Wolff Olins NY
- Luiz Sanches – Partner and Chief Creative Officer, AlmapBBDO
- Rebecca Williams – Design Director, Turner Duckworth
- Sally Campbell – Founding Partner, Somesuch
- Toni Segarra – Creative Director, *S,C,P,F…
Work entered into the D&AD Professional Awards 2017 must have been commercially released between 01 January 2016 and 18 March 2017 and produced in genuine response to a client brief. It must not have been entered in previous years. Submissions should be made in their original language by 15 February 2017. All awarded work is announced during the D&AD Festival 2017 on 25 – 27 April and appears in the D&AD Annual released annually in the Autumn, sold exclusively through D&AD.