(UPDATED: adds details regarding PIAF and the statement of festival’s Managing Director)
PIAF announced this year’s jury of the competition will be headed by Fadi Yaish, Regional Executive Creative Director Impact BBDO Dubai.
The other members of the jury are:
- Tony Hardcastle – Global Creative Director, Mullen Lowe London (UK)
- Pancho Gonzales – Chief Creative Officer & Co-Founder Inbrax Chile
- Ricardo DiStefano – Managing Creative Director Heimat Berlin (Germany)
- Thierry Astier – Executive Creative Director Grey Paris (France)
- Alexei Fedorov – Creative Director BBDO Russia Group Moscow (Russia)
- Andrea Toth – Creative Director Hungary
- Elisabeth Leriche – Advertising & CRM Manager Renault Italy
- Lester Tullet – Creative Director, Kaspen /Jung Von Matt (Czech Republic)
- Štefan Andrejco – Art Director, Wiktor Leo Burnett Bratislava (Slovakia)
- Francesco Martini – Creative Director Publicis (Italy)
The shortlisted works will be announced in the first half of May, the jury will judge them in Prague on May 22-23 and the winners will be announced during a ceremony scheduled to take place on May 24th. The entry period is open until end of March for campaigns that ran /are running between April 2016 – May 1st 2017.
PIAF differs from other creativity competitions not only in the number and type of categories, but also in the judging approach. The jury evaluates entries in all categories, it can thus maintain a high and balanced level of competition.
The competition honors creativity in marketing, traditional advertising, PR, media strategy, digital, events. The current trend which sees a blending of all channels has proved us right: the division of categories by media types is passé
Managing Director PIAF
Besides the standard categories, the PIAF jury will also judge the work of influencers who support the image of the Czech Republic worldwide in cooperation with CzechTourism.
The competition is also open to students whose work will be assessed by the public. “We see advertising in everything” is the name of the slightly provocative competition organized by PIAF in cooperation with the student portal Markething.
Many jurors will also speak at the professional conference on May 23rd and 24th. This year will see once again the topic of sports marketing and sponsorship. But the conference will also focus on working with influencers, workshops will discuss virtual reality and behavioral economics. The conference program will be published in early March.