Cannes Lions announced that Jonathan Mildenhall, Chief Marketing Officer of Airbnb, will lead the Creative Effectiveness Jury at the 64th edition of Cannes Lions Festival.
The Creative Effectiveness jury comprises an equal mix of top leaders from clients and agencies across the world. Mildenhall has worked on both sides during his phenomenal career, making him ideally placed to lead the Creative Effectiveness jury.
Starting out at McCann-Erickson in 1990, Jonathan Mildenhall was VP Global Advertising Strategy and Content Excellence at Coca-Cola when the company won Cannes Lions Creative Marketer of the Year in 2013. And he became CMO of the ‘sharing economy super brand’ Airbnb in 2014.
Jonathan Mildenhall, Chief Marketing Officer Airbnb:
I’ve worked with Cannes Lions for over two decades and I’m privileged to return this year as the Creative Effectiveness President. Alongside my jury, we’ll honor work that doesn’t just measure the impact of creativity, but also drives cultural change and business results. I believe our industry is becoming more inclusive, but we still have work to do – diversity informs everything I’m part of and I want to accelerate that change further.
Creative Effectiveness is the only global award to recognize the link between award-winning creativity and business results. Creative Effectiveness has grown to become one of the industry’s principle awards and entry numbers have vastly increased since it launched in 2011. Any piece of work which has won a Lion in the preceding three years can be submitted into Creative Effectiveness, allowing the jury to select winners that have had a long-term impact on a business or brand.
In response to the growing role of creativity in a wider range of business objectives, the Jury will now be asked to consider sub-categories within Creative Effectiveness. Submissions are invited for regional and global campaigns, longer-term brand programs and ‘creativity for good’. Lastly, a new sub-category called ‘creative marketing effectiveness’ is designed for brand marketer initiatives where the client played a proactive role in the work’s creation and where effectiveness was embedded at the heart of the idea.
For 2017, the Creative Effectiveness sub-categories are:
- Creative Effectiveness
- Creative Effectiveness for Good
- Creative Regional Effectiveness
- Creative Global Effectiveness
- Creative Longer-Term Effectiveness
- Creative Marketing Effectiveness
The Creative Effectiveness Jury 2017 have been named as:
- Sudeep Gohil, Co-Founder, Tyde, Australia
- Alegra O`Hare, VP Global Brand Communications – adidas Originals, adidas, Germany
- Simone Tam, Chief Executive Officer, mcgarrybowen, Greater China
- Tammy Einav, Chief Executive Officer, adam&EveDDB, UK
- Esther ET Franklin, EVP, MD Strategy & Cultural Fluency, MediaVest | Spark, USA
- Peter Carter, Harley Procter Marketing Director, Procter & Gamble, Global
- Fernando Mercado, Head of Brand Marketing, Burger King, Global
- Anindita Mukherjee, Global Chief Marketing Officer, S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc., Global
- John Seifert, Worldwide Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Ogilvy & Mather, Global
Jose Papa, Managing Director Cannes Lions:
The increasing strength of Creative Effectiveness embodies everything the Lions stand for – to champion the power of world-changing creativity that amplifies brand messages to promote business growth. We’re delighted that Jonathan Mildenhall has come on board as President this year to lead our jury in identifying work of the highest standard.
Entries to the 2017 Creative Effectiveness Lions are now open and will close on 20 April 2017.