Cannes Lions announced Burger King is this year’s Creative Marketer of the Year 2017, with the company being honored for embracing and encouraging creativity across their brand communications and for the inspiring global marketing of their products.
Burger King has a hugely successful track record at Cannes Lions. The company has received 76 awards, including two Grands Prix in 2016 for the ‘McWhopper’ campaign, in Print & Publishing and Media. Burger King also took home a Titanium Grand Prix in 2007 and achieved their first win in 1969, a Silver Lion for ‘Skinny Burger’. Since its launch in 1954, the company has expanded to become one of the largest quick-service restaurants in the world, welcoming more than 11 million people in over 100 countries daily.
Burger King is a brand that’s built a reputation for marketing campaigns that are bold, courageous and innovative, constantly challenging the limits of creative excellence (…)
Burger King believes that being a brand with purpose can achieve long-term advantages and deliver strong business results. That’s why the company is making such an impact”.
Chief Executive Ascential Events (organizer of Cannes Lions)
Axel Schwan, Chief Marketing Officer of Burger King, and Fernando Machado, Head of Brand Marketing at Burger King, will collect the award during the 64th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, taking place from 17-24 June 2017.
On the other hand, the festival’s organizers also announced recently the Lions Entertainment juries, which are as follows:
Entertainment Lions Jury:
- PJ Pereira, Co-Founder & Chief Creative Officer, Pereira & O’Dell, Global – Jury President
- Al MacCuish, Chief Creative Officer & Co-Founder, Sunshine, UK
- Amanda Hill, Chief Marketing Officer, A+E Networks, USA
- Carol Goll, Partner and Head of Global Branded Entertainment, ICM Partners, Global
- Gabor Harrach, Television & Digital Media Executive, Formerly Red Bull, USA
- Jason Xenopoulos, CEO & Chief Creative Officer, NATIVE VML, South Africa
- Jules Daly, President, RSA Films, Global
- Julian Jacobs, Co-Head, UTA Marketing, United Talent Agency, USA
- Luciana Olivares, Content & Strategy Director, Latina Media, Peru
- Marcelo Pascoa, Global Creative Director, Coca-Cola, Global
- Marissa Nance, Managing Director, Strategic Partnerships & Multicultural Content Marketing, OMD, USA
- Misha Sher, Head of Sport & Entertainment, MediaCom Worldwide, EMEA
- Monica Chun, Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, PMK*BNC, USA
- Pelle Sjoenell, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, Global
- Ricardo Dias, VP Marketing, Middle Americas, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Mexico
- Samantha Glynne, Global Vice President Branded Entertainment, FremantleMedia, Global
- Steven Kalifowitz, Director, Brand Strategy, Twitter, JAPAC
- Tim Ellis, Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer, Activision, Inc., Global
- Toan Nguyen, Partner / Executive Consulting Director, Jung von Matt/SPORTS, Germany
- Tomoya Suzuki, CEO, Creative Producer, STORIES LLC, Japan
Entertainment Lions for Music Jury
- Olivier Robert-Murphy, Global Head of New Business, Universal Music Group, Global – Jury President
- Caroline Reason, Music Partnerships Executive, CAA, UK
- Chris Buseck, Composer, Supreme Music, Germany
- Fabrice Brovelli, Vice President, BETC, France
- Juan Woodbury, Director of HKX / SVP, Executive Producer, Leo Burnett, USA
- Lori Feldman, Executive Vice President Strategic Marketing, Warner Bros. Records, USA
- Marcus Peterzell, Executive Vice President, Entertainment, Ketchum, USA
- Matt Eastwood, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer, J. Walter Thompson, Global
- Paulette Long OBE, Music Publisher, Board Director, Consultant, Mentor & Speaker, Music Business Mentors Ltd., UK
- Wyclef Jean, Artist, Musician, Producer, Composer, Heads Music, Global
Cannes Lions runs for eight days from 17- 24 June, in Cannes, France. The main Festival venue is the world famous Palais des Festivals. A ‘Complete’ pass includes entry to all official Festival talks, Awards shows, networking and evening events across the eight days. Passes giving access only to the specialist events – Lions Health, Lions Innovation and Lions Entertainment – which take place right next door to the main Festival venue, are also available.