What is the next step? The order is ready so what is going to happen now? Have you ever thought about what your B2B Client would love to see happening and what needs to happen?
Have you thought about how are you going to deliver on the order? Just because you have the order in-house, it does not mean that you already have the order in the bag. Many things can happen and determine the client to cancel the order or to abandon it. Lets take a look at some of the obvious elements:
- Shipping Options – It is often forgotten that B2B clients might want different shipping options. Just think if your clients can help you plan resources and cut cost? By allowing the clients to choose from different options, you can plan HR resources based on that. But also you can cut cost on shipping by being able to plan the deliveries and make you client happy by delivering at the exact time when they need and want their purchase.
- Shipping Address – Remember that today’s B2B clients might have different sites or stores where their expect you to be able to deliver to. The traditional “one company, one site” is long gone. The world is bigger and globalization has forced us all to rethink delivery.
- Returns – Returns represent a natural part since the dawn of business. Being able to handle returns in a good and clean manner is not easy, as there is a lot of things that can go wrong, everything from refund to shipping. This is why you need to design the process from the beginning to the end and listen carefully to your clients.
- Tracking – Just like B2C, we want to be able to track everything we do. Tracking is the key to improving and developing the next level of business. Just think if your client order something and, with that order, is the return process included with tracking, just like B2C.
- Real-Time – This is the kicker! I just want to make it clear: real-time means updating in real-time and nothing else. I have meet so many clients and companies which started by saying “We want real-time every 1 hour or so”. This is not good, today you need real-time product and pricing updates.
- Integrations – This is the topic I keep bring up because it maintains its relevance. Back to Real-time data, when you integrate to the client, you need the real-time data from the client but also from yourself. Miss this one and the client will get a wrong or missing orders.
This is a short one, but remember you need to address the B2B issue the same way as you would have it done. Do not try to cut corners and make the process extra hard! The technology today will help you make the process and flow so much better. You need to invest in technology and the people behind it!
The best solution is the one that takes its core from the human perspective.
Anders Holmberg Lange is the Co-Founder of Entername, a company with the core belief that strategy should be simple, understandable and evolving. Designing 360 digital campaigns and leading selected clients from digital transformation to digital excellence in Marketing, business and sales.
Anders has been working with major global brands the last 15 years, taking them from digital transformation to digital strategy to digital excellence and delivering double digits growth rates across the board. He worked in industries like fashion, banking, entertainment and for leisure companies. No matter there were fortune 500 companies or startups, Anders was always building around a gamification approach creating win-win strategies.