Eurobest announced the winners of the 2020 awards, as well as releasing the special award rankings and the annual Eurobest Creativity Report. Now in their 32nd year, the awards – which are part of the LIONS family – recognise and celebrate Europe’s diverse creative excellence.
Sweden has been awarded the most times with 35 trophies, nine of which are Grands Prix. ‘The Moldy Whopper’ for Burger King by Ingo, Stockholm / David, Miami / Publicis Romania, Bucharest, was a standout piece of work, being awarded five Grands Prix.
Outdoor Jury President, Dr Stephan Vogel, Chief Creative Officer EMEA and Creative Chairman, Ogilvy Germany, said that:“The Moldy Whopper is breaking all rules of Food advertising. It’s bold and brave and a milestone in the history of branded communication. In a world with a lot of preservatives in food The Moldy Whopper has shown the way forward to better nutrition.”
France has ranked second in the country rankings with 23 trophies and Belgium has placed third with 20. In the Special Awards, Publicis Worldwide has been named as the Network of the Year, BETC Paris has been awarded Agency of the Year, and N=5 Amsterdam is this year’s Independent Agency of the Year.
Sweden sees further success in the Special Awards with production company New Land winning the Eurobest Golden Palm for the first time. Elsewhere, the Media Network of the Year Award sees another first with MediaCom celebrating their inaugural win of the accolade.
Simon Cook, Managing Director, LIONS, said:“Eurobest sets the barometer for the most exceptional creative work in Europe and what we see looking at this body of winning work is a compelling story about where we are today, and a glimpse of where we are going. Our jurors have awarded a collection of winners that represent the breadth of best-in-class creativity emerging from the region. From this, our awards experts have identified leading trends like accelerated adoption, positive imperfections and responsible consumerism; all areas that we dive into in our Eurobest Creativity Report.”
All of the winners, along with the Eurobest Creativity Report, are now available to view on the Eurobest Unwrapped site along with commentary from this year’s jury presidents. For the first time, the Eurobest winners will feature on The Work; LIONS’ learning and intelligence platform with over 200,000 global pieces of work as well as 1,600 talks from a decade of Cannes Lions.
Eurobest 2020 Grand Prix Winners:
- Brand Experience & Activation – Enjoy Before Returning for Diesel by Publicis Italy, Milan
- Creative Data: Printed by Parkinson’s for Charite Berlin University Hospital by Innocean Worldwide Europe, Berlin
- Creative eCommerce: Var Discount for Elkjøp by Nord DDB, Stockholm
- Creative Effectiveness: Closed for Maintenance for Visit Faroe Islands by Visit Faroe Islands, Torshavn
- Creative Strategy: The Dark Side of Money for ABN AMRO by N=5 Amsterdam
- Design: Printed by Parkinson’s for Charite Berlin University Hospital by Innocean Worldwide Europe, Berlin
- Digital: Black Friday Re(Sale) for IKEA Denmark by Hjaltelin Stahl, Part of Accenture Interactive, Copenhagen
- Digital Craft: Dark: Interactive Netflix Guide for Netflix by MediaMonks, Hilversum
- Direct: Enjoy Before Returning for Diesel by Publicis Italy, Milan
- Entertainment: What we do next for Deutsche Telekom by Saatchi & Saatchi London
- Film: The Moldy Whopper for Burger King by Ingo Stockholm / David Miami / Publicis Romania
- Film Craft: Crocodile Inside for Lacoste by BETC, Paris
- Glass: The Award For Change : Francesca for Diesel by Publicis Italy, Milan
- Grand Prix for Good: Eurythenes Plasticus for WWF Germany by BBDO, Düsseldorf Healthcare / A Hard Pill to Swallow for Apotek Hjartat by Åkestam Holst, Stockholm
- Healthcare: A Hard Pill to Swallow for Apotek Hjartat by Åkestam Holst, Stockholm
- Industry Craft: The Moldy Whopper for Burger King by Ingo Stockholm / David Miami / Publicis Romania
- Innovation: The 2030 Calculator for Doconomy by Farm Stockholm
- Integrated: The Moldy Whopper for Burger King by Ingo Stockholm / David Miami / Publicis Romania
- Media: Rabbi-Bot for P&G by Mediacom Connections, Tel Aviv
- Mobile: Underground Premier for 13eme Rue by BETC, Paris
- Outdoor: The Moldy Whopper for Burger King by Ingo Stockholm / David Miami / Publicis Romania
- PR: A Hard Pill to Swallow for Apotek Hjartat by Åkestam Holst, Stockholm
- Print & Publishing: The Moldy Whopper for Burger King by Ingo Stockholm / David Miami / Publicis Romania
- Radio & Audio: The Client Said No for DaHouse Audio by Innocean Worldwide Europe Berlin