The International Advertising Association (IAA) and Dentsu, with the support of the United Nations Department of Public Information, announced the results of the IAA-Dentsu Global Student Poster Competition with the theme of “Sustainability”.
Andjela Grabez (Faculty of Dramatic Arts, Belgrade, Serbia) was named the World Champion for her winning entry called “Sun Power. Use it Smarter”.
The global student poster competition was in support of the United Nations action on sustainable development in the lead up to the Rio 2012 Conference.
The brief asked students for ideas that connect the present with the future, maintaining continuity in the natural environment while enriching human life.
Over 160 entries were received from twelve countries.
The jury included industry executives from India, Indonesia, Japan, Peru, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates and USA as well as a representative from the United Nations.
Dentsu is very proud to be part of this prestigious competition where student are given the opportunity to increase awareness and understanding of social issues surrounding our lives. We would like to thank the entries for participating, the judges for reviewing the entries, the IAA and the United Nations for organizing this socially relevant, significant and special competition.
Dentsu’s President & CEO
The competition delivered some outstanding entries and is testament to the IAA’s focus on education and talent development in advertising. We would like to thank the IAA’s great supporters Dentsu, who sponsored this initiative
IAA Chairman and World President
Other placed winners have been named as:
- Worldwide 2nd Place: “Some things may never grow again” – Stefany Jimenez Diaz, Universidad Jorge Tadeo Lozano, Bogota, Colombia
- Worldwide 3rd Place: “Rational” – Maria Margarita Cabarcas Pinzon, Universidad Jorge Tadeo Lozano, Bogota, Colombia
- Regional Winner Asia/Pacific: “For Future Generations” – Mikayla Maricic, Edith Cowan University, Perth, Australia
- Regional Winner Europe: “Unfolding” – Marko Jeftic, Faculty of Dramatic Arts, Belgrade, Serbia
- Regional Winner Middle East/Africa: “Sustainability is Responsibility” – Mohammed Abual Qumssan, The American University in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Regional Winner Latin America: “If I help…” – Gabriela Avilar & Javier Escobar, Escuela de Comunicacion Monica Herrera, La Libertad, El Salvador
- Regional Winner North America: “Don’t trash the earth” – Lily Chen, Baruch College, New York, USA
The World Champion will receive her award at a presentation in New York City on July 27th at the United Nations from Kiyo Akasaka, United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Communications and Public Information.
The International Advertising Association (IAA), headquartered in New York, was founded in 1938 to champion responsible marketing. The IAA, with its 56 chapters in 76 countries, is a one-of-a-kind global partnership whose members comprise advertisers, media, advertising and public relations agencies, media companies, and academics.
The IAA is a platform for industry issues and is dedicated to protecting and advancing freedom of commercial speech, responsible advertising, consumer choice, and the education of marketing professionals.