Geometry Global Japan, in partnership with Tezuka Productions, have created “Robot Town Sagami 2028,” an animation depicting a future society where human beings and life supporting robots co-exist in harmony.
Robot Town Sagami is a special district covering 12 municipalities in Kanagawa Prefecture Japan. The district is so named due to its large concentration of industries, research centres and university laboratories specialising in research and development of personal assistive robotics. The development of robots in the district is focused on the assistance of aging populations and coping with natural disasters, both of which are challenges that Japan faces.
The animation is created for Kanagawa Prefecture by Tezuka Productions, known for their animation Astro Boy series, launched as the first Japanese cartoon in 1963. It portrays the future of Robot Town Sagami in 2028 based on interviews of companies and scholars across this district. As such Robot Town Sagami 2028 is a realistic portrayal of the future.
I wanted people, especially children who play a crucial role in shaping the world we live in, to picture the future we are heading for (…) As an iconic, much loved household name, Astro Boy will enable people to feel and see the substantial future of Sagami Robot Town. Screening in elementary schools and department stores across the prefecture, our hope is that this animation allows children to think and dream about the future of society.
Governor of Kanagawa Prefecture
Masato Mitsudera, Head of Creative, Geometry Global Japan:
I am very pleased to be given the opportunity to be involved in this meaningful initiative. The challenges Kanagawa Prefecture face are not only applicable to the local government but also for Japan and the rest of the world. I hope this animation will fly around the world just like Astro Boy does, giving inspiration and hope for the future.
- Agency： Geometry Global Japan GK
- Client： Kanagawa Prefectural Government
- Production： Tezuka Productions Company, Limited
- Planning / Idea / Copywriter： Masato Mitsudera (Geometry Global Japan)
- Director / Character Design / Animation Director： Shinji Seya
- Producer： Yoshiro Shimizu
- Animation Producer： Mitsuaki Oishi
- Producer： Izuru Naito
- Assistant Producer： Nobue Wakajima
- Creative Manager： Masato Ishiwata
- Scriptwriter：Mayumi Morita
- Art Director： Masami Saito
- Director of Photography： Kentaro Kashiwagi
- Machine Setting： Yoshihito Ichihara
- Color Setting： Miyoko Kobayashi
- Video Finish： Beijing Xiele Art Co.,Ltd.
- Shooting： asurafilm.co.,ltd.
- 3DCGI： Hideyuki Sakai
- Editing： Tamami Watanabe
- Key Visual Art Director： Michinao Suzuki (Orbit Inc.)
- Sound Director：Akira Ohkuma
- Sound Production： AUDIO PLANNING U
- Title Song： Astro Boy performed by Kanagawa Philharmonic Orchestra
“Robot Town Sagami” is where research centers and university laboratories specializing in research and development of personal assistive robotics, hospitals and care centers for high dependency patients work together and constitute an indispensable framework to support the implementing of functionality tests for developing prototypes. It was welcomed by the central government in February 2013 and awarded special economic zone status.
Geometry Global, the world’s largest and most international brand activation agency, drives conversion, action and purchase through award-winning programs that change behavior and inspire people to buy well. With teams in 56 markets, Geometry Global has expertise in shopper, digital, experiential, relationship, promotional and trade marketing. Geometry Global is a WPP company.