The International Advertising Association (IAA) elected its team for the coming two years during its annual Board of Directors meeting.
Felix Tataru, IAA Chairman & World President:
We are very excited to assemble our leadership at such an exciting and challenging time in our industry. The IAA, representing all areas of marketing communications – advertisers, agencies, media and educators is committed to inspire the industry and society. Everyone in our industry is empowered to contribute in their own way and the IAA looks forward to harnessing the resources and energy of our members around the world
Current industry issues for the IAA include the continued importance of best practices and integrity; the defense of unwarranted bans and interference with brands and advertising and the development of talent within our industry
Board of Directors confirmed the following IAA Officers for 2016-2018:
- Felix Tătaru – Chairman and World President, GMP Group, Romania
- Faris Abouhamad – Immediate Past Chairman and World President, CEO, InterOne Resonance, UAE
- Srinivasan Swamy – Senior Vice President, President RK SWAMY BBDO Pvt Ltd, India
- Diane Slade – General Secretary, Head of Advertising Edith Cowan University,Perth, Western Australia
- Venanzio Camarra – Treasurer, Managing Partner and Chief Consultant of Studio Aldabra<, Italy
- Carla Michelotti – Vice President Corporate Members and Government Affairs, President, Carla Michelotti LLC, USA
- Kaushik Roy – Vice President Area Director Asia Pacific, President – Brand Strategy & Marketing Communication, Reliance Industries Ltd, India
- Tom Brookbanks – Vice President Area Director USA/Canada, Senior Vice President, Starcom Mediavest, USA
- Kyra Roest – Vice President Are Director Europe Business & People connector, /UM’GE:BUN/, Netherlands
- Saad El Zein – Vice President Area Director Middle East Africa Saad El Zein Company, UAE
- Michael Lee – Managing Director IAA, USA
Felix Tătaru at 42 is the youngest IAA Chairman in our history (…) we have an ambitious agenda for the next two years and our exciting mission continues today
IAA Managing Director
The IAA plans to announce its Global VP’ later this week.
The International Advertising Association (IAA), headquartered in New York, was founded in 1938 to champion responsible marketing. The IAA, with members in over 40 countries, is a one-of-a-kind global partnership comprising advertisers, media, advertising and public relations agencies, media companies, and academics. The IAA is a platform for industry issues and is dedicated to protecting and advancing freedom of commercial speech, responsible advertising, consumer choice, and the education of marketing professionals.