Graham Lang, Chief Creative Officer, Y&R Advertising, South Africa & Africa, was named the 23rd Golden Drum Best Piece Jury President. During his career he has won every major industry award across traditional and non-traditional categories. Amongst other shows, he has been selected to serve on The One Show, Cannes Lions and D&AD judging panels.
I have very high expectations. The work from this region is always extremely insightful and well crafted. I will be looking for breakthrough ideas; ideas that challenge the conventions and are executed with incredible craft
Golden Drum Best Piece Jury President
Best Piece Section is intended for stand-alone work whose concept, effective use of communication channels and professional execution appeals to users. In the coming days we will announce other members who will be joining President Graham Lang on the international jury. Together they will evaluate submitted entries in eight competition categories: Film, Press, OOH (Out of Home), Radio, Direct, Design, Digital and Mobile. Deadline for entry submissions is 29 August 2016. Online Entry and Delegate registrations are already open.
Graham Lang started his career in Cape Town, South Africa as an Art Director where he managed to win a host of local and international awards, including one of the country’s first ever Silver Pencils at D&AD. In 2003 he moved to Saatchi & Saatchi London as Creative Director, where he produced award-winning work on local and global campaigns. In 2008 he joined RKCR/Y&R in London as the Global ECD on Land Rover. In October 2011, he returned to South Africa to undertake a regional position as Chief Creative Officer for Y&R SA. His responsibilities were extended to oversee work across the African continent in 2014.
Lang’s jury includes top 10 internationally recognized experts from the creative industry, namely
- Ayşe Aydın, Executive Creative Director, Team Red Istanbul, Turkey
- Aljoša Bagola, Executive Creative Director, Pristop, Slovenia,
- Ferenc Benesch, Executive Creative Director, Geometry Global & Ogilvy & Mather Hungary, Hungary
- Francesco Bestagno, Creative Director, Demner, Merlicek & Bergmann, Austria,
- Kirill Blinov, Creative Director, Digital Arts Network Moscow, Russia,
- Denys Keleberdenko, Creative Director, BBDO Ukraine,
- Adam Kerj, Chief Creative Officer, McCann WorldGroup Nordics, Sweden,
- Jari Ullakko, Executive Creative Director, SEK, Helsinki, Finland,
- Žarko Veljković, Creative Director, Saatchi & Saatchi Belgrade, Serbia,
- Ricardo Wolff, Creative Director, DDB Berlin, Germany.