MediaCom has been named Agency Network of the Year at the Festival of Media Global Awards 2017. The agency took the crown after winning an unprecedented 18 awards on the night. MediaCom won six gold, eight silver, and three bronze trophies, and the coveted Campaign of the Year. The latter was for ‘Missing Type’, its work for NHS Blood & Transplant in the UK.
MediaCom’s campaigns for P&G Gillette, P&G Head & Shoulders and Safekids Aotearoa were also celebrated for being best in class.
The Festival of Media Global Awards recognize excellence in media thinking around the world and celebrate the most innovative and effective work. MediaCom’s successes come after the agency topped the competition shortlist, picking up 51 nominations from 24 campaigns across 13 markets. The results maintain MediaCom’s good form at global award ceremonies. In 2016, the agency was named Agency of the Year at the M&M Global Awards for the second consecutive year.
On the wins, Stephen Allan, MediaCom’s Worldwide Chairman and CEO, said: “It’s always great to win awards for our clients, but these wins are especially pleasing as they come from across our network – from New Zealand to Colombia and Israel to Germany. That’s proof that our Systems Thinking philosophy is working. We’re delighted.”
MediaCom’s full list of winners is as follows:
Campaign of the Year
- NHS Blood & Transport: ‘Missing Type’, MediaCom UK
- Best Communications Strategy: NHS Blood & Transplant: ‘Missing Type’, MediaCom UK
- Best Local Execution of a Global Brand: P&G Gillette, ‘Bachelor of Shaving’, MediaCom India
- Best Not-For-Profit Campaign: NHS Blood & Transplant: ‘Missing Type’, MediaCom UK
- Best Sponsorship Activation: P&G Head & Shoulders, ‘New Head Coach’, MediaCom Israel
- The Effectiveness Award: Safekids Aotearoa, ‘Check for me’, MediaCom New Zealand
- The Utility/Public Service Award: P&G Gillette, ‘Bachelor of Shaving’, MediaCom India
- Best Event/Experiential Campaign: Volkswagen, ‘TrailerAssist’, MediaCom Norway
- Best Launch Campaign: Maori TV, ‘Lover Boy or Lavalava Boy’, MediaCom New Zealand
- Best Not-For-Profit Campaign: Safekids Aotearoa, ‘Check for me’, MediaCom New Zealand
- Best Targeted Campaign: Ministerio del Interior, ‘Men Free Banner’, MediaCom Colombia
- Best Use of Content: Shell, ‘Best Day of my Life’, MediaCom Global
- Best Use of Gamification: Deutsche Telekom, ‘Sea Hero Quest’, MediaCom Germany
- Best Use of Video: Volkswagen, ‘TrailerAssist’, MediaCom Norway
- The Effectiveness Award: Mars M&Ms, ‘Celebrate with the Ms’, MediaCom USA
- The Branded Content Creation Award: Anmum Infant Formula, ‘Dad, you’ve got this’, MediaCom New Zealand
- Best Use of Real-time Marketing: Mars Snickers, ‘Hugerithm’, MediaCom Australia
- Best Local Execution of a Global Brand: P&G Whisper, ‘#LikeAGirl and Proud’, MediaCom India
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to deliver a step change in their business outcomes. MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings exceeding US$31 billion (Source: RECMA June 2016), employing 7,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes Dell, P&G, Shell and Universal. The agency was recently named Global Agency of the Year at the 2016 M&M Awards, an accolade it has been awarded 6 times in the past 8 years and FOM Global Agency Network of the Year in 2017, winning an unprecedented 18 awards. MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world’s largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MEC, MediaCom, Maxus, and Essence, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people, and is increasingly working closely for the benefit of clients with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar. Together GroupM and Kantar account for over 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than $20 billion.