International festival Golden Drum celebrates 25th anniversary in Portorož, on 17 – 19 October. The submitted works will be reviewed and evaluated by 22 top international experts led by long-time friends of the Golden Drum – Adrian Botan and Jaime Mandelbaum.
The Golden Drum Competition remains divided into two sections, but more external couple of Best Piece and Best Practice have been developed into more functional question: WHY has a work been developed – and WHAT is it? The WHAT section will recognize and award the best solutions and most efficient implementations, while the WHY section will search for the ultimate reason of different communication practices. Each section is further subdivided into groups and categories that reflect the latest trends in the advertising and creative industry.
Stojan Pelko, the Vice President of the Competition, sees in the renewed section WHY “a certain sign of the times, asking fundamental questions of professional ethics and social responsibility beyond mere functionality of the advertising”. This goes hand in hand with another change in the competition: for the first time, the works with social and charity-related content will all be gathered into one new category in the WHY section, named Social Good.
Adrian Botan, Global Executive Creative Director McCann Worldgroup and President of European Creative Leadership Council, will chair WHY Competition Jury. Adrian sees himself as a challenger even more today, as McCann’s European Creative Council President and Global ECD for Nestlé, believing that it is the only healthy behavior in a business prone to disruption and reinvention. This is the spirit that he is determined to instill across McCann offices in Europe, together with relentless resourcefulness and entrepreneurship.
Joining Adrian Botan as part of WHY competition jury are:
- Arina Avdeeva, Executive Director and Founder, Friends Moscow, Russia
- Ali Bati, Chief Creative Officer, Leo Burnett Bucharest, Romania
- Arda Erdik, President and Executive Creative Director, Tribal Worldwide İstanbul, Turkey
- Bernd Fliesser, Chief Creative Officer, JANDL (Vienna/Bratislava/Prague), Slovak Republic
- Beata Híves, Chief Operations Officer, Uniomedia Communications, Hungary
- Jakub Korolczuk, Executive Creative Director, Grey Group Poland
- Žarko Sakan, Chief Executive Officer, New Moment New Ideas Company, Serbia
- Maya Sharan, VP Creative, TBWA/YEHOSHUA, Israel
- Mitja Tuškej, Managing Director, Direct Media and Brand Strategist, Formitas BBDO, Slovenia
- Cristiana Zito, Head of strategy, DDB Barcelona, Spain.
WHAT jury is presided by Jaime Mandelbaum. He is Chief Creative Officer, Y&R Europe where he is responsible for overseeing the creative product of Y&R across all of its European offices. After just one year in the role Y&R was named regional network of the year at Cannes 2017. He is a speaker at innovation and creativity events globally and has been a jury member at all major advertising festivals. His works have been awarded at Cannes Lions, ADC New York, The One Show, D&AD, Clios, London International, Eurobest, NY Festivals and ADC Europe.
Members of WHAT jury are:
- Izabela Albrychiewicz, Chief Executive Officer, Wavemaker Poland
- Susana Albuquerque, Creative Director, Uzina, Portugal,
- Sami Basut, Creative Director, Manajans/JWT Turkey,
- Alexey Fedorov, Executive Creative Director, BBDO Moscow, Russia,
- Wolfgang Kindermann, Creative Director, isobar Vienna, Austria,
- Maria Milusheva, Creative Director and Partner, Noble Graphics TBWA, Bulgaria,
- Nataliya Morozova, Chief Executive Officer, Havas Group Ukraine,
- Alessandro Sabini, Chief Creative Officer, McCann Worldgroup Italy and Global Creative Director for Nespresso, Italy,
- Martin Svetlík, Digital Creative Director, McCann Prague, Czech Republic,
- Jan Teulingkx, Global Creative Director, Saatchi & Saatchi, Spain.