WINA announced the winners of its 2018 edition, after an international jury comprising over 90 professionals selected the winners from a list of 1817 pieces and this opportunity they decided to deliver: 12 great prizes, 23 golds, 58 silvers, 96 bronzes and 117 honorable mentions.
This year a total of 257 agencies from 40 countries registered works and pieces at WINA, the only free registration festival, which aims to highlight the talent and creativity of independent agencies in the advertising industry. In this third edition 1,187 pieces were registered by independent companies from around the world (most of them advertising agencies, communication consultancies and production houses), almost double the figure reached in 2017.
The jury, of the highest level, was composed on this occasion by a president and 3 members, all directors of advertising agencies and a vice president from the advertiser in each one of the 17 categories: Sports & World Cup, Better World, Outdoor, Mobile, Media, Innovation, Direct, Content, Film, Print & Digital Craft, Promo & Activation, Public Relations, Effectiveness, Design Radio, Film, Interactive, Print, Pharma, Kids * (see below all the presidents of the jury)
This has been a great year for WINA, confirmed by the excellent quality of all the award-winning works, in addition to the international presences that have gathered indies, customer loyalty, the value of innovation in the new scenario and before the consumer hiperconected or the new advertiser-agency relationship, among others
CMO of the festival
The 40 participating countries this year were: Germany, Saudi Arabia, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Spain, United States, France, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Romania, Russia, Switzerland, Thailand, Ukraine, Uruguay and Venezuela).
The presidents of each category in juries of the WINA 2018 festival were:
- Sports & World Cup Camila Farias (General Director at RC Farias) of Colombia;
- Better World – Ignacio Ferioli (VP in David) of Argentina;
- Outdoor – Simona Suman (Creative Director at MRM // McCann) of Romania;
- Mobile – Juan Pablo Oubiña (Founder Creative Director at 01 Agency) of the USA;
- Media – Jonathan Almond (Founder and Creative Director at Delightful Media) UK;
- Innovation – Yuji Tokuda (Creative Director / Art Director in Canaria) Japan;
- Direct- Ricardo Uribe (Creative Director at Y & R) Colombia;
- Content – Sunde J. Sastre (Director at Jokey Monkey) Spain;
- Film, Print & Digital Craft – Alex Gomez (Founder and Producer in Intercultural Productions) USA;
- Promo & Activation – Alberth Cabrera (General Creative Director at Kausa Havas) Paraguay;
- Public Relations – Goyo Panadero (Partner – General Director in Llorente & Cuenca (Spain and Portugal);
- Effectiveness – Frank Hahn (ECD in Anomaly) Germany;
- Design – Joao Coutinho (Creative Director in Gray NY) USA;
- Radio – Tomas Almuna (Associate Creative Director at Conill Saatchi & Saatchi) USA;
- Film – Damián Nuñez (Chief Creative Officer / Mullen at Lowe Bucharest) Romania;
- Interactive – Fernando De Lusarreta (Chief Operation Officer at Massive – Latam) Argentina;
- Print Pavel Kozlov (Founder at Peopleofdesign) Russia, Pharma – Shoji Taniguchi (Creative Director at McCan Healthcare) Japan;
- Kids – Oscar Castaneda (General Creative Director at Castillo de IF) Guatemala.