Eurobest announced the 2018 Jury Presidents, as well as the launch of the European Creativity Report, which when released on 13 December, will include in-depth analysis of the winners and the current landscape of creativity across the region.
Celebrating its 30th edition, Eurobest exists to champion and celebrate creative excellence across Europe. A total of 12 Jury Presidents will guide specialist juries from different corners of the European creative communications industry. With the Festival taking a break for 2018, the jurors will convene in London in November to judge and award Europe’s best work.
Philip Thomas, Chairman, Cannes Lions, commented:
Our Jury Presidents are a formidable line-up of creative talent and will play an essential role in identifying ground-breaking creativity from across Europe. For the first time we have an even gender split of Jury Presidents, which we believe will make the judging more dynamic and enhance the discussions. These debates and the decisions formed will provide the backbone of the new European Creativity Report and we’re delighted that they are joining us on the journey to identifying and establishing Europe’s creative standing.
The full line-up of 2018 Eurobest Jury Presidents have been named as follows:
- Brand Experience & Activation and Direct and Integrated: Laurence Thomson, Co-President & Chief Creative Officer, McCann London, UK
- Creative Effectiveness: Lucy Jameson, Founder, Uncommon Creative Studio, UK
- Design and Print & Outdoor Craft: Katrin Oeding, Chief Creative Officer & Creative Director, Studio Oeding, Germany
- Digital, Mobile and Digital Craft: Wesley ter Haar, Founder / COO, MediaMonks, Global
- Entertainment: Louise Johnson, CEO, Fuse, EMEA
- Film, Print & Publishing and Glass: Kate Stanners, Chairwoman & Global Chief Creative Officer, Saatchi & Saatchi, Global
- Film Craft: Sandrine Huijgen Le Goff, Creative Partner, Cloudfactory, The Netherlands
- Healthcare: Tom Richards, Chief Creative Officer, Havas Lynx Group, UK
- Innovation and Creative Data: Tracey Follows, Founder, Futuremade, UK
- Media: Dan Hagen, Global Chief Strategy Officer, iProspect, Global
- Outdoor and Radio & Audio: Alan Kelly, Executive Creative Director, Rothco, Ireland
- PR: Mattias Ronge, Chief Creative Officer, Edelman Deportivo, Europe
The Jury Presidents will be joined in London in November by 75 jury members where they will review, debate and decide the most innovative and creative campaigns from across Europe. The winners will be included in the inaugural European Creativity Report, which will offer further insight, analysis and themes.
The European Creativity Report will be released at “Eurobest Unwrapped”, where the juries will give insight from the jury rooms and reveal the winners of the 2018 Grands Prix and special awards. The event, which will take place on 13 December, and will be open to the presidents, jurors, winners and press, will be live-streamed to the wider Eurobest community.
With the Festival taking a break for 2018, our focus this year is to ensure that the work and creativity remain at the heart of Eurobest. This year, with the European Creativity Report we can provide an unprecedented level of insight across all of the categories and a holistic view of the state of play in the European creative industry.