Catalin Rusu, Chief Creative Partner & Chief Executive Officer Rusu+Bortun, is part of the Golden Drum 2019‘s Jury in the WHAT section. Under the headline “Creativity 4 Change”, Golden Drum will take place October 17-18th in Portoroz, Slovenia.
I am glad and honored to be invited again to be part of an international jury. Even the festivals are not a purpose per se for us as a business, we are exploring them with everything they have, with their superficial part, but also with the motivating one after the gala, or with the fantastic experience of working at the same table with some of the most known creatives in the world. Our filters cannot exclude the brands’ social role, the transformations they are triggering, the capacity of scaling cultural movements and of bringing tangible business results. Whatever I would do, I feel like a creative and I think like an entrepreneur. In today’s context of our job, the hybridization is a must, not only an option
CCP & CEO Rusu+Bortun
The agency lead by Catalin Rusu was a finalist last year in the Golden Drum competition with 4 entries, the best performance by an independent Romanian agency at that edition.
Alongside him,part of the WHAT section jury will be:
- Yasmina Baz, Regional Creative Director, Leo Burnett Beirut, Lebanon,
- Michal Belej, Associate Creative Director, Istropolitana Ogilvy, Slovakia,
- Karolina Galácz, Creative Director, DDB Budapest, Hungary,
- Eric Groza, Creative Director, TBWA\Moscow, Russia,
- Gürkan Gürel, Creative Director, Tick Tock Boom, Turkey,
- Bartek Klimaszewski, Creative Director, McCann Worldgroup, Poland,
- Marin Kostov – Muro, Executive Creative Director and Partner, All Channels Communication Group, Bulgaria,
- Eric Schoeffler, Chief Creative Officer Group Germany and Executive Creative Director Europe, Havas, Germany
- David Suda, Creative Director, WMC/GREY Prague, Czech Republic.
The Golden Drum competition is divided into two main sections WHAT and WHY. Each section is subdivided into groups and categories that reflect the latest trends in the advertising and creative industry. Both sections are judged by International Juries, featuring top industry professionals.
The Competition and Awards are open to all agencies, advertisers, clients, design or production houses, media companies and others involved in the creation or production of marketing communications, registered in the following countries: Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
Rusu+Bortun was launched in 2008 by Catalin Rusu, Marc Bortun and Andrei Bortun and is an agency that offers strategy, design and brand creative manifestation through Brand Growers and digital through Cyber Growers.