A group of top creative leaders have been named to serve as jury chairs for 10 disciplines of the global ADC 99th Annual Awards, one of the world’s longest-running and most prestigious global competitions celebrating excellence in craft and innovation in all forms of design and advertising.
This year’s jury chairs are:
- Advertising — Karen Costello, chief creative officer, The Martin Agency, Richmond, VA, USA
- Brand/Communication Design — Tosh Hall, global chief creative officer, Jones Knowles Ritchie, New York, NY, USA
- Experiential Design — Kate Dawkins, founder, creative director, Kate Dawkins Studio, London, UK
- Illustration — Kadir Nelson, artist, author, Kadir Nelson, Inc./The JKBN Group, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Interactive — Mathias Appelblad, senior creative partner, Forsman & Bodenfors, Stockholm, Sweden
- Motion/Film/Gaming Craft — Jean Batthany, vice president, global creative, Disney Parks, Experiences + Products, The Walt Disney Company, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Photography Design — Mark Seliger, photographer, Mark Seliger Studio, New York, NY, USA
- Publication Design — Luke Hayman, partner, Pentagram, New York, NY, USA
- Spatial Design — Refik Anadol, media artist, director, Refik Anadol Studio, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Typography — Lauren Hom, lettering artist, Hom Sweet Hom Studio, Detroit, MI, USA
Jury chairs for Packaging/Product Design and Fashion Design, as well as full juries for all disciplines, will be announced shortly.
“Craft and innovation continue to be the intense focus of the ADC Annual Awards,” said Kevin Swanepoel, CEO, The One Club. “This year’s highly accomplished jury chairs are recognized creative leaders who are ideally suited to lead our juries and guide them to view the work through that lens during the judging process.”
Tiered pricing structure
This year’s competition marks the continuation of a tiered pricing system designed to make it easier for smaller studios, agencies and freelancers to participate in the ADC Annual Awards.
The fee structure varies depending on whether the submitting firm is a design studio or ad agency. Design studios with between 2-20 employees get a discount (amount varies by discipline), while ad agencies with between 2-50 employees qualify for the tiered pricing discount. Freelance creatives and one-person shops in either design or advertising are eligible for an even greater reduction in their entry fee.
The One Club for Creativity, producer of The One Show, ADC Annual Awards and Creative Week, is the world’s foremost non-profit organization whose mission is to support and celebrate the success of the global creative community. The One Show is a top global awards show for advertising, design and digital marketing focusing on creativity of ideas and quality of execution. The global ADC Annual Awards honors creative excellence in craft, design and innovation across all disciplines. Creative Week takes place in New York City every May and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.