The jury made up of 65 leading film directors, producers, agency creatives and heads of production companies has been announced for the eighth-annual One Screen Short Film Festival, the premiere short film festival that celebrates and awards global filmmakers from both commercial advertising and film industries.
One Screen is part of The One Club for Creativity, the foremost global non-profit organization celebrating creative excellence in advertising and design.
The fast-growing global festival focuses on all forms and aspects of short films — narrative fiction, comedy, commercials, branded content, music videos, spec work, passion projects, animation, sound, movie poster design, title sequences and more — and has a mission to celebrate and award filmmakers from around the world working in both the film and ad industries, with no limitation and total artistic freedom, all on one screen.
One Screen’s diverse jury this year includes:
- Shengjin Ang, executive creative director, MullenLowe Singapore
- Raphael Basckin, group creative director, Droga5 London
- Paolo Cavalieri, owner/VFX supervisor, Bleed VFX, Buenos Aires
- Ed Cheong, executive creative director, IRIS Singapore
- Heloise Condroyer, senior art director, Design Army, Washington DC
- Ned Crowley, US chief creative officer, mcgarrybowen, Chicago
- Ana Cunha, executive & creative director, AC Brand Design, Lisbon
- Manija Emran, creative director/cofounder, Me & the Bootmaker, Los Angeles
- Genevieve Hoey, group creative director, R/GA New York
- Therese Jonsson, freelance creative director, New York
- Moe Kekana, creative group head, King James, Cape Town
- Aaron Kovan, chief production officer, VaynerMedia, New York
- Josh Kapusinski, professor, Communication Design, City University of New York
- Daniel Kennington, head of motion, Jones Knowles Ritchie, London
- Natalie Long, freelance creative director, Sydney
- Tuesday McGowan, freelance director, creative director, Santa Monica
- Jean Morrow, creative director, Pereira & O’Dell, San Francisco
- Ruxandra Papuc, group creative director, McCann Worldgroup Romania
- Vinicius Prego, creative strategist, Facebook Singapore
- Erin Sarofsky, live action director, Sarofsky Corp, Chicago
- Ksenija Strydom-Micic, executive producer, The Star Film Company, Johannesburg
- Katrina Yulo, freelance strategy director, San Francisco
The complete list of the 65 One Screen jury members for this year can be viewed here.
In addition to awarding work in specific genre categories, One Screen expands this year to also recognize creative excellence by region with best-of awards for Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America, North America and Middle East-North Africa. Last year’s festival saw a significant increase in global entries, with work submitted from 45 countries.
“As the world’s leading nonprofit organization with the mission to support the global creative community, we’re well suited to recognize the best work in every region around the world,” said Jonathan Jirjis, executive producer at The One Club and head of the One Screen program. “This festival is committed to celebrating and awarding great storytelling and film craft on a global level.”
Entries can be submitted at http://www.onescreen.org/. Early submission deadlines to qualify for discounted entry fees are November 29, 2019 ($150) and December 6, 2019 ($175), with final deadline December 13, 2019 ($200). Winners will be unveiled at the eighth annual One Screen Short Film Festival awards ceremony and screening in New York in February 2019.
The One Club for Creativity, producer of The One Show, ADC Annual Awards and Creative Week, is the world’s foremost non-profit organization whose mission is to support and celebrate the success of the global creative community. The One Show is a top global awards show for advertising, design and digital marketing focusing on creativity of ideas and quality of execution. The global ADC Annual Awards honors creative excellence in craft, design and innovation across all disciplines. Creative Week, the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts, takes place in New York City each May.