The (French) colonel is back, and he’s on a new mission. Last year the fast food brand heated up the market in France, increasing sales 9% from the previous year. But the colonel won’t stop there. The impressive results are only spurring him on in his next mission – to encourage allFrench people to taste KFC. The brand is planning to draw in new diners with a series of limited time offers, starting with the Kentucky Burger.
To promote the launch of the KFC Kentucky Burger, the most all-American of sandwiches, the Colonel is heading west, back home to Kentucky, where he’s the most wanted man. The best sheriffs, and the worst bandits, gold miners on a donkey, and families in covered wagons – everyone’s after the Colonel. They’re all relentlessly searching, day and night, not because his head is on a wanted poster… but to get a chance to taste the new Kentucky burger.
In this film, directed by Martin Jalfen (Birth), we find everyone in a very packed line in KFC’s very first drive-thru. A trip back in time, orchestrated by KFC France’s agency, sid lee Paris.
Celine et Clement Mornet·Landa (CDs, sid lee Paris) explain : “In this film we find all the anachronisms of a Wild West drive-thru: a line of wagons and horses, the menu, a speaker box, even tables on the outside terrace.”
A restaurant where cowboys even exit through the window, saloon-style. All these details take us back into the wild west.
Mehdi Benali (Managing Director, sid lee Paris) : “The idea was to reconnect with KFC’s origins, while honoring Kentucky. We had to treat this imaginary stereotypical US the KFC way, in perfect harmony with the generous and simple gourmandize that makes this brand so loved.”
The film, which began airing January 29, is accompanied by a print campaign, and will also include an lnstagram filter so users can try on the Wanted Colonel look for themselves.
Client: KFC France
- Managing Director: Cedric Losdat
- Chief Marketing Officer: Isabelle Herman
- Head of sales & Advertising: Pierre Cailleau
- Senior Brand Manager: Geraldine Neveu
AGENCY: SID LEE PARIS
- Chairman – Executive Creative Director: Sylvain Thirache
- President: Johan Delpuech
- Creative Directors: Céline & Clément Mornet-Landa
- Managing Director: Mehdi Benali
- Art Director: Jessy Kikabou
- Copywriter: Chloé Lefour
- Senior Creative: Julien Sens
- Group Account Director: Héloïse Marchal
- Senior Account Manager: Camille Caucat
- Account Executive: Yoann Deminiac
- Head of Social Media: Alexandre Ponte
- Social Media Manager: Elise Lassimoulie
- Head of production : Thomas Laget
- TV producer : Benoit Fernandes
- Production Director: Caroline Habchi
- Service Production : Lucky Rabbit
- Post production: Laurence Vidot
- Post production: Mathematics
- Chief Decorator: Pierre Pell
- Dop: Ray Coates
- Director: Martin Jalfen
- Producer: Arthur Emorine
- Assistant Director: Jacques Eberhard
- Editing: Lucas Nolla
- Color Grader: Matthieu Caplanne
- Production Assistant: Amandine Rouanne
- Culinary Stylist: Valery Droue