Eurobest announced the names of the jury presidents who will lead the 2020 juries. Now in its 32nd year, the awards – which are part of the Cannes Lions family – will honour the very diverse creative excellence in Europe. Additionally, the Eurobest Creativity Report will be released in December.
The 2020 jury presidents have been named as:
- Film, Print & Publishing and Radio & Audio Jury President: Bruno Bertelli, Global CCO Publicis WW & CCO Publicis Groupe, Publicis WW
- Outdoor and Direct Jury President: Dr Stephan Vogel, Chief Creative Officer EMEA and Creative Chairman, Ogilvy Germany
- Digital, Mobile and Digital Craft Jury President: Wale Gbadamosi Oyekanmi, Founder & Managing Director, Dare.Win
- Brand Experience & Activation and Creative eCommerce Jury President: Gabriela Lungu, Global Creative Director, Geometry UK
- Media Jury President: Susanne Grundman, CEO, OMD Germany
- PR Jury President: Tom Beckman, Global Head of Creative, Weber Shandwick
- Design and Industry Craft Jury President: Chris Moody, Global Chief Design Officer, Wolff Olins
- Film Craft Jury President: Elissa Singstock, Executive Producer, Formerly Wieden+Kennedy
- Entertainment Jury President: Maria Garrido, SVP Brand Marketing, Vivendi / Chief Insights Officer, Havas Group, Vivendi Group & Havas Group
- Innovation and Creative Data Jury President: Grace Francis, Chief Experience Officer, Karmarama
- Healthcare Jury President: Andrew Spurgeon, Executive Creative Director, LANGLAND
- Creative Effectiveness and Creative Strategy: Harjot Singh, Chief Strategy Officer, Europe and UK, McCann Worldgroup
About the jury presidents, Louise Benson, VP of Festivals, Eurobest, said: “When we appoint our jury presidents, we seek out those who have distinguished themselves over the course of a career in creativity – people recognised for their achievements, but equally valued for their vision, admired for their passion and trusted for their integrity. Eurobest reflects the diverse cultures of Europe and has always celebrated the rulebreakers, creative explorers and experimenters that the region breeds. Our jury presidents represent all the values and idiosyncrasies of Eurobest, and between them they’ve won 78 Eurobest awards, and 143 Lions – pretty impressive stuff!”
For the first time, the Eurobest jury presidents will lead judging remotely through a series of sessions in November. Simon Cook, Managing Director, Cannes Lions, said that getting the judging experience right had been “at the forefront of our planning, to ensure that the remote judging is as close to the physical judging as possible”. Some of the initiatives being introduced include spreading out the judging schedule into smaller, more manageable sessions, enhanced and developed technology to enable the replication of the existing awards technology remotely, and a pre-judging consultation with each juror to ensure an inclusive environment sensitive to their individual set-up, which may be challenging in new ways.
Cook continued, “The judging experience is a very human experience but it’s also a rigorous and robust process. Collectively these are the elements that give value and integrity to our awards and so we know that they are sacrosanct to Eurobest as we build out our remote judging. It’s our juries who recognise and award creative excellence and in the absence of bringing them together physically this year, we’re committed to delivering a judging experience that allows them to do their job without hindrance, and crucially we want every piece of work to have the time and discussion it deserves.”
The Eurobest awards will also include the release of the annual European Creativity Report. The leading global resource for benchmarking creativity and effectiveness across Europe will feature official rankings, trends and jury president commentary for an in-depth look at this year’s Eurobest winners.
Entries into Eurobest are being accepted until 22 October.