The 8th edition of the European Cluster Conference will take place on 26 – 27 September 2022 in Prague, Czech Republic. The conference will bring together cluster managers, policymakers and experts from all over the European Union to discuss the latest trends in cluster policies. The event aims to stimulate a high-level policy discussion on the challenges that need to be addressed to reinforce the role and added value of clusters in the implementation of the updated EU Industrial Strategy as well as in other core European initiatives impacting industry.
Prague will host the European Cluster Conference 2022 as part of the Czech Presidency of the Council of the European Union. This major EU conference for industry stakeholders will focus on topics stemming from the updated EU Industrial Strategy and its implementation on the ground. It will also cover issues to be addressed by the Czech Presidency such as energy security and strategic resilience of EU industry.
The 8th edition of the European Cluster Conference is a unique opportunity to discuss current and future priorities for cluster policies and developments to make the green and digital transitions happen whilst strengthening the EU’s economic resilience. It will foster networking and it is an opportunity to build connections between Europe’s value chains, clusters and ecosystems in view of future interregional and cross-sectoral cooperation.
The conference will bring together cluster managers, cluster policymakers, experts and other stakeholders. The event is organised by the European Commission with the support of the European Cluster Collaboration Platform (ECCP) and in collaboration with the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic under the Czech Presidency of the Council of the EU.
The conference will take place on September 26 – 27, 2022, at O2 Universum, Českomoravská 2345/17, Prague 9.
Participants to the conference will have the chance to vote for the “European Cluster Manager of the Year” and the “European Cluster Partnership of the Year.” The event’s highlight will include a ceremony with the announcement of the winners of these two awards. It will be possible to submit applications for these contests from June 6 to July 22. More information on the awards and registration procedure for the candidates will be available on the official website of the European Cluster Conference in June 2022.
Site visits will show cluster partnerships in practice
Participants to the conference will also have an opportunity to take part in the following site visits:
- Mechatronics Cluster: A platform for cooperation specialising in areas such as additive manufacturing R&D. The site trip will include visits to the Welding School – a training and certification institution with a long tradition and well-equipped workplaces unique in the entire Pilsen region, and COMTES FHT – a private research organisation, which, thanks to its top laboratories and researchers, significantly contributes to the development of R&D topics in manufacturing processes.
- Nanoprogress (Nanotechnology) and Clutex (Technical textiles) clusters. The site visit to the two clusters in the Liberec region will include guided tours through the Institute for Nanomaterials, Advanced Technology and Innovation (Cxl) and Centre for the Development of Engineering Research (VÚTS). The participants will get acquainted with top class R&D and industrial infrastructures and the unique equipment of the Nanoprogress nanotech lab.
- Czech Optical Cluster: A visit including the presentation and visit to the premises of the HiLASE Centre (Hi-tech laser research centre focused on industrial applications) and ELI Beamlines (leading laser research centre and part of the Extreme Light infrastructure). In addition, guests will be able to see the laser laboratories through the visitor gallery and visit the experimental halls.
- Czech Implant Cluster: A visit to a medical cluster focusing on implantology. The visit includes a visit to the Czech SME Beznoska with a tour of the company production facilities specialising in R&D, design and manufacture of implants, tools and surgical utensils for orthopaedic surgery and traumatology.
- Czech Institute of Informatics, Robotics and Cybernetics: the visit will include a guided tour of the Testbed for Industry 4.0. The Institute at the Czech Technical University is the applicant for the European Digital Innovation Hub in Prague, specialising in AI.
On 26 September 2022 (morning), prior to the European Cluster Conference, a Matchmaking event will be held in a physical format. This event will gather cluster organisations and SMEs to explore trade, investment and partnering opportunities and to develop connections between Europe’s value chains and ecosystems.
The European Cluster Collaboration Platform is a vibrant online community helping cluster organisations across Europe and beyond to connect, communicate and collaborate. It provides a unique one-stop-shop for news, opportunities and collaboration for industrial clusters across Europe, boosting the visibility and showcasing the impact of European clusters in cutting-edge industries and expanding markets throughout the world.