The Immortal Awards concluded this year’s European judging days with the first regional session of the year on Friday (14th October). Seven projects were awarded European Finalist status and have qualified for the final, global round of judging.
This year’s European session was hosted at Framestore and Company 3 in London, with the jury whittling down the 23 project shortlist to just seven.
Jurors from across the region were looking at the Finalists from the Irish, UK and German jury days, alongside the highest scoring work from the rest of the region and this year’s Grand Prix winners at Golden Drum.
It was the first time ever that the European jury sat in-person, following two years of online judging. The jurors were tasked with deciding which projects, if any, were to qualify for the final, global round of judging as European Finalists.
Following a day of detailed and intense debate, seven projects were deemed strong enough to qualify for the next round, representing European advertising on the global stage.
The Immortal Awards 2022 European Finalists are:
- Bodyform/Libresse – #periodsomnia (submitted by AMV BBDO, Somesuch, Time Based Arts and 750mph)
- Burberry – Open Spaces (submitted by Riff Raff Films, The Mill London and 750mph)
- Burger King – Even More Confusing Times (submitted by Outsider)
- CALM x ITV – The Last Photo (submitted by adam&eveDDB & Radford Music)
- Heineken – The Night is Young (submitted by Publicis Italy, via Golden Drum)
- IKEA – Cirkulär (submitted by Accenture Song in Denmark)
- Samsung – The Spider And The Window (submitted by Leo Burnett Germany, Zauberberg Productions and The Mill Berlin)
The seven projects will join the Finalists from the remaining regional jury sessions – North America, LATAM, MEA and APAC – at the global round of judging on Thursday 1st December, where jurors will decide which projects will receive either Commendation status or an Immortal Award.
Those on this year’s European jury were: Daniel Bonner (Global Chief Creative Officer, Wunderman Thompson), Harjot Singh (Global Chief Strategy Officer, McCann), Jen Speirs (Executive Creative Director, Droga5 Dublin), Jose Miguel Sokoloff (Global President, MullenLowe Group Creative Council), Margaux Revol (Strategy Partner & Head of Brand, AMV BBDO), Naana Orleans-Smith (media.monks), Sergio Lopez-Ferrero (Global Head of Production, Publicis Groupe) and Tanja Grubner (Global Marketing Director, Essity).
The rest of the work that made it to the Immortal Awards 2022 European Shortlist included:
Brand – Project (Entrant Company)
- Allianz & Women’s Aid – The World’s Strongest Women (In The Company Of Huskies)
- Amazon Prime Video – Prime Video Staraoke (Ogilvy Milan, via Golden Drum)
- Bottega Veneta – Bottega for Bottegas (Publicis Italy)
- Brussels Mobility – FEET (mortierbrigade)
- Dove – Toxic Influence (Ogilvy UK)
- Eltern – Motherlove (GGH MullenLowe)
- Finish – Cap the Tap (Havas Turkey, via Golden Drum)
- Flutwein – Our Worst Vintage (White Rabbit Budapest)
- Frontline19 – Hopeline19 (adam&eveDDB and tenthree)
- Heineken – The Virtual Heineken Silver (Publicis Italy)
- IKEA – Trapped in the 90s (Craft Madrid)
- Netflix – The Sound of Stories (Publicis Italy)
- PENNY – The Wish (SERVICEPLAN GERMANY)
- Three Ireland – Jeff’s World (Boys+Girls, Ponder and Framestore)
- Volkswagen Ireland – The Zero Carbon Billboard (BBDO Dublin)
- Wer Braucht Feminismus? – The Vulva Spaceship (Innocean Berlin)