Important merger in Romanian health sector


Romanian private clinic CMU and Romanian private hospital merged under Regina Maria (Queen Mary) brand, as the representatives of the 2 companies announced on Monday, informs.

After merging with Euroclinic, CMU become one of the biggest private helth networks in Romania, with over 1,000 doctors and collaborators in the 6 hospitals and over 20 clinics it has all over the country.

The merger will be followed by a rebranding, but the team will remain the same after it, a it was announced.

CMU (Centrul Medical Unirea), controlled by the US investment fund Advent International, took over, in September 2010, the stocks in Euroclinic owned by the Netherlands financial group Eureko.

Advent International has 80% from CMU’s shares in March 2010, the rest of 20% being owned by the founder of the clinic, the cardiologist Wargha Enayati.

After the merger, the newly appeared on Romanian market has an investment budget of Euro 12M for 2011.

CMU’s and Euroclinic’s rebranding in Regina Maria was realized by The Marks agency, the entire process lasting around 2 months. The same agency will handle the activities of promoting the new name through advertising outdoor, print and online.

According to Ziarul Financiar, the cost of the rebranding is couple hundred thousands Euros.