CannesAlso, a new initiative by the organisers of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, launches at this year’s event, adding another dimension to the Festival and an element of fun for attending delegates.
Since changing our tagline this year to The International Festival of Creativity, we wanted to enhance this and inject more creative inspiration by drawing on other elements that motivate creatives whilst adding a bit of fun. We hope to achieve this by launching CannesAlso
Creatives in agencies often produce art in their spare time and CannesAlso will provide the platform to showcase this art. For this first year CannesAlso will focus on photography, but in the future it could be an exhibition of painting or sculpture or something completely different, so long as it adds another level of creativity, is inspiring and fun.
Cannes Lions CEO
Sponsored by The Brand Union and Lambie-Nairn, and supported by Getty Images and Clear Channel, the CannesAlso photographic exhibition will be in the form of a giant book that delegates will be able to walk through and interact with. It will be positioned outside the Palais des Festivals in Cannes during the Festival week, 19-25 June.
With no entry fee and open to anyone enthusiastic in photography, from beginners to semi-professionals, entrants were able to submit up to three images. Over 1,500 images were received, many of which will feature in The Big Book, of which guest judge renowned photographer Rankin, has selected 11 photographs that will feature prominently.
The 11 images selected by Rankin, available also here, are:
- Roberto Muñoz, from Pindaro in the Dominican Republic
- title: Girl in an Orphanage in Dominican Republic
- Fouad Abdel Malak, from Impact BBDO in the UAE
- title: Venezuelan Model
- Karl Gillebert, from Karl Xéna in France
- title: Miroir Ténébreux
- Nayef Zacca, from Strategies in Egypt
- title: Set Me Free
- Reginald Van de Velde, from These Days in Belgium
- title: l’Autoroute de l’Avenir
- Harald Benz, from squarehead in Canada
- title: Docks
- Ewa Zakrzewska, from Starcom MediaVest Group in Poland
- title: Back in the 1930s
- Keith Melder, from The Campaign Palace in Australia
- title: HSS02
- Ana Oliveira Rovati, from Ana Oliveira Rovati in Brazil
- title: Cuba
- Jerald Packiasamy, from Still Waters Films Private Limited in India
- title: The Mighty
- Benjamin Kaufman, from 7Films in South Africa
- title: The Exuberant Elder
58th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity takes place from 19th to 25th June 2011, Cannes, France