The Spikes Asia Media Jury will be chaired by Antony Young, formerly CEO of Optimedia US, incoming CEO Mindshare North America. He takes over from Mark Patterson, CEO of GroupM Asia Pacific, previously announced as Media jury president, who has had to withdraw due to unforeseen work commitments.
A Chinese New Zealander, Antony Young spent seven years working in Asia, initially as regional media director at Saatchi & Saatchi based in Hong Kong, after which he was appointed CEO of Zenith Media Asia launching the media agency network in 1996 and leading its roll out across the region. While under his leadership, Zenith Media was twice named Media Agency of the Year and picked up one of Asia’s first ever Cannes Media Gold Lions.
In 2003, Antony transferred to London as CEO of ZenithOptimedia UK, during which time he was acknowledged by Mediaweek magazine as one of the top 25 most influential executives in UK media. In July 2006, he relocated to New York to take the reins at Optimedia US. Antony will become CEO of Mindshare North America, a role he takes on in October this year. Antony has authored two books: Profitable Marketing Communications and Brand Media Strategy, a book that provides insights into communications planning in the digital age.
We are delighted that Antony is able to come onboard and chair this year’s Media jury, a group of very talented media professionals, with in-depth knowledge of how best media works in Asia-Pacific
Antony is a natural leader and a forward-thinker who has worked in different territories around the world and fully understands the cultural nuances of the region and the ever-changing media landscape
Chairman of Spikes Asia.
Media Jury‘s composition:
- Antony Young, formerly CEO of Optimedia US, incoming CEO Mindshare North America, USA – Jury President
- Adam Ferrier, Global Head of Behavioural Science, Naked Communications, Australia
- Anita Nayyar, Chief Executive Officer – India and South Asia, Havas Media, India
- Jeffrey Seah, CEO, South East Asia, Starcom MediaVest, Singapore
- Kaoru Matsui, Managing Director, UM Japan, Japan
- Leela Nair, Managing Director, Mindshare, Singapore
- Ray Wong, Chief Executive Officer, PHD, Hong Kong
- Seth Grossman, Managing Director, Carat China, China
On the other hand, the Design jury will be chaired by Elsie Nanji, Managing Partner of Red Lion, India, the jury for Digital and the new Mobile category will be led by Jeff Benjamin, Partner & Chief Creative Officer of Crispin Porter + Bogusky, USA and the PR jury – which also launches this year – will be presided by Tim Sutton, Chairman Asia Pacific of Weber Shandwick.
The componence of juries is as it follows:
- Elsie Nanji, Managing Partner, Red Lion, India – Jury President
- Ant Donovan, Creative Director, Moon Communications Group, Australia
- Chris Lee, Founder/Creative Director, The Asylum, Singapore
- Elvis Chau, Executive Creative Director, JWT/Shanghai, China
- Eugene Demata, Executive Creative Director, DDB DM9 JaymeSyfu, The Philippines
- Nick Lim, Creative Consultant, McCann Worldgroup, Hong Kong
- Yoshihiro Yagi, Creative Director, Dentsu, Japan
Digital & Mobile Jury
- Jeff Benjamin, Partner & Chief Creative Officer, Crispin Porter + Bogusky, USA – Jury President
- John Jakubowski, Regional Executive Creative Director, OgilvyOne, Asia Pacific
- Bo Hyun Hwang, Executive Creative Director, HS Ad, Korea
- Bruce Matchett, Executive Creative Director, Saatchi & Saatchi, Singapore
- Chhaya Balachandran Aiyer, Founder/Managing Director, BC Web Wise, India
- Fumitaka Takano, Creative Director, ADK, Japan
- Johan Vakidis, Executive Creative Director, AKQA Shanghai, China
- Kieran Ots, Creative Director, Leo Burnett, Australia
- Valerie Cheng, Executive Creative Director, JWT/XM Singapore, Singapore
- Tim Sutton, Chairman Asia Pacific, Weber Shandwick, Asia Pacific – Jury President
- Bob Grove, Chief Executive Officer, Edelman, SE Asia
- Wei-Hsiang Chong, Managing Director, Milk PR, Malaysia
- Chong Wei-Hsiang, Chief Executive Officer, Milk PR, Malaysia
- Donna Nievera-Conda, Managing Director, Strategic Works, The Philippines
- Jeremy Woolf, Senior VP, Global Social Media Practice Lead, Text 100, Hong Kong
- Mark Lee, Senior Vice President, General Manager, Fleishman-Hillard, Singapore
- Radhika Shapoorjee, President, IPAN Hill & Knowlton New Delhi, India
Spikes Asia will celebrate 25 years of honouring creative excellence in advertising and communications across Asia-Pacific next month, from September 18th to 20th. Spikes Asia is jointly organised by Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity and Haymarket, publishers of Campaign Asia Pacific.