Spikes Asia Advertising Festival, regional awards and festival for creative excellence in advertising and communications, announced its winners for 2011 awards.
Eight juries have been working in Singapore to choose 271 worthy winners from an initial 3,647 entries. There were a total of 12 winners in the Direct Category, 25 in Promo & Activation, 43 in Media and 31 in Digital. 25 trophies were given in the Design category, 17 in Outdoor and 25 in Film. In the Craft category there were 23 awards presented for Film Craft and 16 in the Print & Poster Craft category. 17 winners were awarded in Print, 7 in Integrated and 12 in the Radio category. The two new categories saw 8 winners in PR and 10 in Mobile
The Grands Prix have been awarded as follows:
- Outdoor Grand Prix and Print Grand Prix and Print & Poster Craft Grand Prix: JWT Shanghai, China, ‘Heaven & Hell’, Samsonite
- Media Grand Prix: Creativeland Asia, Mumbai, India, ‘3D Experience’, Audi India
- Promo & Activation Grand Prix and PR Grand Prix: Clemenger BBDO Melbourne, Australia, ‘Break Up’, National Australia Bank
- Design Grand Prix: Creative JuiceBangkok (TBWA), Thailand, ‘Tamiya Calendar’, Siam Tamiya
- Radio Grand Prix: Lowe Singapore, ‘Awesome Light’, ‘Chase’, ‘Look at me, Dad!’, Samroc Paint and Hardware
- Digital Grand Prix: Colenso BBDO Auckland, New Zealand, ‘Doggelganger’, Mars, Pedigree Adoption Drive
- No Grands Prix were awarded in the Direct, Film, Mobile, Film Craft and Integrated categories.
DDB were presented with the Network of the Year trophy with BBDO coming second followed by JWT in third.
Ogilvy & Mather Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur were honoured with the Agency of the Year. Runners up were DDB Group Singapore coming in second place and Mudra Communications, Mumbai in third.
The inaugural Independent Agency of the Year was awarded to Creativeland Asia, Mumbai with Taiyo Kikaku, Tokyo in second and AOI Advertising Promotion, Tokyo in third.
The Media Agency of the Year trophy was awarded to Dentsu, Tokyo with JWT Beijing taking second place and in third, Ogilvy Beijing.
Samsonite were presented with the prestigious Advertiser of the Year trophy in honour of their robust investment in advertising which has resulted in their strong international brand presence. Ramesh Tainwala, President of Samsonite Asia-Pacific and Middle East, was on stage to collect the award.
Also announced at the awards were the winners of the Young Creative Competitions. Korea took the gold medal in the Young Creatives Media Competition whilst the team from Japan took gold in the Young Creatives Integrated Competition.
Full details of winners are now available here.
The Spikes Asia Advertising Festival celebrating and inspiring Asia-Pacific creativity in advertising. Building on 24 years of the illustrious Spikes Awards, the Spikes Asia Advertising Festival is the result of a collaboration between the International Festival of Creativity, organisers of Cannes Lions, Dubai Lynx and Eurobest, and Haymarket, publishers of Campaign Asia. The Festival provides the region’s growing creative and advertising industry with a platform to network and exchange ideas, bringing together some of the finest creative thinkers from across the region and around the world.
Spikes Asia, attended by close to 1,500 delegates in 2010, offers a challenging programme of seminars and workshops focusing on creativity and learning, exhibitions of creative work from Asia Pacific, networking events in the evening and the Spikes Asia award show.