International Advertising Association Romania (IAA Romania) and Romanian Advertising Agencies Association (UAPR) announced Romanian Effie Awards 2013 opened the entry period, that will last between March 26th – May 27th. Also, at its 10th edition, Romanian Effies are launching new categories the agencies can compete in.
Romanian Effie Awards 2013 are structured in 28 categories (6 more than in 2012), where agencies, companies, market research agencies or other entities can enter communication campaigns. The new competition categories are, in 2013, “Brand experience”, “GoodWorks Effie – Brands (CSR)” and “GoodWorks EFFIE – Non – Profit”, “Media Innovation”, “Single Media Company Activation” and “Digitally Led Campaigns” and “Business to Business” category.
When it comes to existent categories, there were some changes operated:
- “Food products I” was renamed “Packaged Food” and “Food products II” became “Snacks, confectionery and deserts”;
- “Non Food Products” category was divided in “Personal Care Products & Services” and “Household Supplies & Services”;
- “Alcoholic Beverages” was split in “Alcoholic beverages – Beers” and “Alcoholic beverages – Others”;
- “Media & Entertainment” was redefined, making it possible for TV provider brands to register their campaigns;
- “Pharmaceuticals” was renamed as “Healthcare products & Services” and includes campaigns for food supplements and medical services.
The definition of “Shopper Marketing” category was updated and and entries in this category are made by filling a new registration form, different from the one in “Brief of Effectiveness” category.
Romanian Effie Awards has reached it’s 10th edition. It is probably the most prestigious competition of marketing and communication industry, awarding efficiency in communication. This festival has managed to make a mark year by year through the rigor of the internation format and the quality of the jurors. We would like that in 2013 we can hold an edition with a record participation and winning works that can boldly join the international Effie gallery.
Teodora Popescu Birlan,
Communication Director Procter&Gamble Balkans
Romanian Effies 2013 Organizing Commitee President .