Felix Tataru, founder Romanian GMP group, was elected Senior Vice President IAA Worldwide, during the annual meeting of IAA Board, that took place on June 18th. After 3 years as Senior Vice President, Felix will automatically become Worldwide President of IAA. The new members in the Managing Board will occupy their functions until May 2016, when their mandates expire.
The addition of Felix to the top position of the board is a true reflection of the board’s intention to upgrade the overall delivery of the IAA services to our stakeholders. With Felix’s experience, focus, and commitment to the industry, the IAA will certainly move on to higher relevance to the industry
Worldwide President IAA
It’s a great honor, challenge and responsibility for me. I thank to the colleagues in Romania that made from IAA Romania one of the best IAA Chapters in the world and I thank also to the colleagues in IAA Board that gave me their trust. I think together with Faris and the new team I am part of we will bring IAA to the next level, in line with the changes in global marcom<
Felix Tataru was president of IAA Romania for 5 years (2006-2011). During the 41st IAA Worldwide Congress in Washington, Felix was appointed Vicepresident IAA Worldwide, a position he occupied for 4 years.
The new IAA Worldwide managing board includes:
- IAA Chairman and World President/Area Director Middle East/Africa – Faris Abouhamad, (United Arab Emirates) (starting January 2013)
- Senior Vice President: Felix Tataru, General Manager GMP Advertising (Romania),
- Treasury: Glenn Hansen, President and CEO BPA Worldwide (USA),
- Secretary: Erich Buxbaum, Managing Director EHB Consulting GmbH (Austria).
Also, the new management of IAA also includes:
- Jill Cohen – Vice President Area Director US/Canada,
- Saad El Zein – Vice President Area Director – Middle East/Africa,
- Pradeep Guha – Vice President Area Director – Asia/Pacific,
- Pawel Kowalewski- Vice President Area Director- Europe,
- Michael Lee – IAA Managing Director,
- Carla Michelotti – Vice President Corporate Members and Government Affairs,
- Naji Boulos – Vice President Government Relations Middle East/North Africa,
- Norkor Duah – Vice President Development, Africa,
- Hani Ghorayeb – Vice President Development Middle East/North Africa,
- Heather Leembruggen – Vice President 75th Anniversary and Special Events,
- Diane Slade – Vice President Learning,
- Yan Jun – Vice President Development, China,
- Takeshi Mori – Vice President Development, North Asia/Pacific,
- Srinivasan Swamy – Vice President Development Asia/Pacific,
- Angus Grieve – Vice President, Elections.
The International Advertising Association (IAA), headquartered in New York, was founded in 1938 to champion responsible marketing. The IAA, with its 56 chapters in 76 countries, is a one-of-a-kind global partnership whose members comprise advertisers, media, advertising and public relations agencies, media companies, and academics. The IAA is a platform for industry issues and is dedicated to protecting and advancing freedom of commercial speech, responsible advertising, consumer choice, and the education of marketing professionals.