Intercontinental Advertising Cup ended on April 17th, in Belgrad, after an entire day of a successful Creative Summit. The competition awarded 33 accolades, with Taproot India winning 2013 Grand CUP with its “I am Mumbai” campaign.
The Cup celebrates ideas infused with local culture in opposition to the tsunami of faceless global communications. Only the 2013 finalists & winners from ADFEST, ADC*E, Golden Drum, and FIAP were eligible to enter into The Cup, where they are judged by an international jury.
FIAP 7 Cup winners:
- Almap BBDO – Bayer Cafiaspirina in “Best of Health and personal care”
- Ponce – Axe Young & Mature, Unilever in “Best of Fashion and cosmetics category”
- Almap BBDO – Piezas Originales for VW do Brasil in “Best of other vehicles and accessories”
- F/Nazca Saatchi & Saatchi – Alma/Soul Leica Monochrom in Best of Electronics category, Best of craft category and Best of craft for production category
- VCCP Spain – Producto de Descanso My mattress savings bank in Best of household category
- Leo Burnett Tailor Made – My blood is red black, Hemoba/Esporte Clube Vitoria in Best of Public services, Best of direct marketing category and Best of PR
- AlmapBBDO – Antarctica AMBEV for the beer turnstile in Best of events category
AdFest Winners were:
- Taproot India Mumbai won 4 CUPs including the Grand Cup; Best of Corporate, Best of Film, Best Use of Local Culture, for ‘I am Mumbai’ (Mumbai Mirror, biggest daily newspaper)
- McCann Melbourne won 3 CUPs for ‘Dumb Ways to Die’ (Metro Trains) for Best of Travel, Tourism and Transport, Best of Campaign and Best Universal Idea created in a Local Market
- Dentsu Inc Tokyo won 2 CUPs for ‘Share the News Paper with Children’ (The Tokyo Shimbun) in the categories for Best of Communication Media and Publications and Best of Interactive
- Cheil Worldwide in Seoul won one CUP in the Best of Outdoor category under Best of Media for its ‘Bridge of Life’ campaign for Samsung Life Insurance
ADC*E 7TH Cup Winners
- Publicis Italy – The Candidate; for Heineken International in Best of Beverages category and Best of social engagements
- BBDO Proximity Berlin GmbH – Offroad for smart two; Daimler AG/smart in Best of Cars category and Most Insightful Idea category
- Heimat Werbeagentur – Festival for DIY Home improvement superstores; Hornbach in Best of Retail
- Leo Burnett Schweiz AG – Life’s turn in a sentence for Life insurance, Swiss Life in Best of Press category
- Kolle Rebbe GmbH – Tea Calender for Halsen& Lyon in Best of Design
- Saatchi & Saatchi Milan – Integration Day for World Down Syndrome Day; CoorDown Onplus in Best of Social Engagement
Golden Drum Winners
- :OTVETDESIGN/St.-Petersburg for Selizharovo Cannery, canned goods in category Best of Food
- Age McCann/Tallinin for Renovation loan, KredEx in category Best of Financial
- New Moment New Ideas Company Skopje for 10 meters apart campaign in The Best of Radio
- Saatchi & Saatchi (Bucharest) for Days of Hope in category Best of Media Innovation.
Beside the winners there were 25 Nominees from Golden Drum festival.
All together the jury decided on 33 winners of brand new steel cups: 12 to FIAP, 9 to ADFEST, 8 cups went to ADC*E entries and 4 to Golden Drum.
7th CUP jury members were:
- Michael Conrad, President of the Berlin School of Creative Leadership – President of The CUP Jury
- Alexandra Taylor, Member of D&AD Board, consultant freelance Art Director
- Naoki Ito, Chief Creative Officer & Founder of PARTY Tokyo
- Santosh Padhi, Chief Creative Officer & Co-Founder, Taproot India, Mumbai
- Martin Spillmann, Chief Creative Officer, Leo Burnett Continental Western Europe
- Dušan Drakalski, Regional Creative Director, New Moment New Ideas Company, Macedonia
- Johannes Newrkla, Founder & CEO, Bluetango, Austria
- Sophie Schoenburg, Copywriter, AlmapBBDO, Brazil
- Juan Sánchez, Chief Creative Officer, TBWA/SPAIN
The Intercontinental Advertising Cup was established in 2007 by organizers of the world’s three biggest regional advertising festivals: Asia Pacific’s ADFEST, Ibero-American FIAP and New European Golden Drum, ADC*E, Art Director’s Club of Europe is the member from the beginning too.