Cannes Lions organizers unveiled the juries for the two categories of Lions Innovation juries. The panels assembled for the inaugural Creative Data Lions and newly expanded Innovation Lions are reflective of industry shifts and provide a strong indication of what to expect from judging.
The Creative Data Lions are new in 2015 and the composition of the founding jury, which unites the industry’s most senior data, strategy and analytics specialists and its most awarded creatives, is a barometer for entries.
Data is increasingly an integral component of awarded campaigns, but in this category that won’t be enough to win (…) Our judges keenly understand and use the power of data to drive creativity, and will be seeking work where it is genuinely at the core of the idea.
Lions Festivals Corporate Development Director
The 2015 Creative Data jury includes:
- David Sable, Global Chief Executive Officer, Y&R, Global – Jury President
- Tash Whitmey, Group Chief Executive Officer, Havas EHS, UK
- Todd Cullen, Chief Data Officer, Ogilvy & Mather, Global
- Mitch Brandow, EVP, Engagement Strategy & Analytics, Energy BBDO, USA
- Russell Marsh, Global Chief Data Officer, IPG Mediabrands, Global
- Haruko Minagawa, Touchpoint Evangelist, Hakuhodo and TBWA Hakuhodo, Japan
- Tom Eslinger, Worldwide Digital Creative Director, Saatchi & Saatchi, Global
- Andre Pasquali, Creative Vice President, Rapp, Brazil
- Eric Salama, Chief Executive Officer, Kantar, Global
- Alexander Schill, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer, Serviceplan Group, Germany
- Arvind Sethumadhavan, Chief Innovation Officer, Dentsu Aegis Network, Asia Pacific
Launched in 2013, the Innovation Lions are distinguished by a requirement that shortlisted entries be presented live to the jury during the festival, where the work and the makers are questioned.
Lions Festivals Chairman, Terry Savage, says this format and the expansion of the category this year to include standalone and brand-affiliated tech, called for a highly interdisciplinary jury, able to challenge entries from multiple angles.
Originality, creativity, viability and marketability will all be interrogated, so an array of experience is needed and each juror brings unique understanding and insights to the table.
The 2015 Innovation jury includes:
- Nick Law, Global Chief Creative Officer, R/GA, Global – Jury President
- Ben Cooper, Group Innovation Director, M&C Saatchi, Australia
- Kana Nakano, Creative Technologist, Dentsu, Japan
- Xavi Tribó, Head of Technology, Glassworks Barcelona, Spain
- Frances Ralston-Good, Chief Strategy & Innovation Officer, PHD Media, UK
- Ben Jones, Chief Technology Officer, AKQA, UK
- Shaun McIlrath, Global Executive Creative Director, iris Worldwide, Global
- Alex Gurevich, Partner, Javelin Venture Partners, Global
- Giuseppe Zocco, Partner, Index Ventures, Global
- Peter Blackshaw, Global Head of Digital & Social Media, Nestlé, Global
Both categories are now open and submissions will be accepted until 27 March 2015. Shortlisted Innovation Lions entries are announced prior to the festival and exhibited alongside shortlisted Creative Data entries during Lions Innovation, 25 – 26 June. Winners from both categories will be revealed at the Lions Innovation awards ceremony on Friday, 26 June. Passes to Lions Innovation are now available and may be purchased at an Early Bird rate of €950 until Friday, 13 February.