Internet Pioneer Awards is scheduled to take place on June 3rd, in Arhus, during Internet Week Danmark 2015. Nine internet personalities are shortlisted for this year’s awards and the winner will be announced during a gala scheduled to take place at Ridehuset.
The finalists are personalities who have contributed to the use of the internet within the categories Technology, Services/Applications and Rethink.
25 Danish internet pioneers were nominated in total for the Internet Pioneer Awards and 9 of them will be awarded on Wednesday. The nominees were from programmers to bloggers and from IT entrepreneurs to advisors.
Once again we have received some very valid nominations, which clearly signifies that Denmark has some visionary personalities, who have contributed and helped make the internet what it is today
Aino Vonge Corry,
Jury president & owner of Metadeveloper
The jury included Aino Vonge Corry – owner of Metadeveloper, Henrik Føhns – journalist and last years winner of the Rethink award, Mette Boel – Business developer More.Creative and Aarhus2017 and Preben Mejer – IT. after establishing the shortlist, the jurors are now working in designating the 3 winners.
When choosing the winners, we emphasise on finding a pioneer from each category, who has had a significant and positive influence on the use of the internet in Denmark, but not necessarily something that is visible to the average Dane. We want to promote the people, who have changed the way we view and use the internet and give them the honour they deserve
The shortlist includes
- Kasper Lund: Co-designer of V8, the virtual machine in the worlds most widespread browser Google Chrome.
- Poul-Henning Kamp: Avid champion of privacy rights in the use of the internet in Denmark. Has been co-developer of FreeBSD operative system.
- Bjarne Stroustrup: Designer of the C++ programming language. Software in cellphones, cars, planes etc are based on C++ or a language developed from it.
The Services and Application category:
- Jørgen Balle Olsen: The man behond Saxo.com, Denmarks largest online bookstore.
- Christian Peytz: President of FDIM, powerful player and mover in the market of commercial internet media in Denmark
- Podio.com: An internet-based platform to improve and enhance collaborations and co-creation.
- Anni Marquard: Passionated lead on Cyberhus, a digital chatplatform with counselling to vulnerable children and youngsters.
- Thomas Madsen-Mygdal: Introduced blogging, Twitter and videoblogging to the Danish public.
- Morten Lervig: Unites art and IT and makes it accessible to Danes.
Internet Week Denmark is celebrating the internet and is focused on innovation and new business opportunities within the internet economy. Networking, education and collaboration represent drivers and inspiration for creating growth and jobs in of the professional digital industry in Denmark. The festival will focus on debates and initiatives stimulating education and learning in digital citizenship.
In 2015, the festival will run in a similar manner as last year: a one week celebrating of the internet with crowd-sourced events – open for all. Festival’s program is available here