After holding a vote on which sessions should be broadcasted live, Cannes Lions announced that sessions from TBWA Worldwide, WPP, Heineken, Unilever, Razorfish & Contagious, PHD and MediaCom will be broadcasted online, as part of a partnership with Mindshare and YouTube
Cannes Lions is a key moment in the year where creators and innovators from all around the world come together to celebrate creativity and innovation. YouTube are happy to be part of that moment and believe Lions Live is a great opportunity to live stream some of the best elements of the Festival to those who are unable to make it.
Donal Mac Manus
Head of B2B Brand Marketing Google Europe
The results of Lions Live are always interesting, it shows what’s top of the industry’s agenda. This is a solid mix of current issues – from the buzz around ‘disruption’ to climate change with former Vice President Al Gore, as well as data insights and lessons in creativity from top-performing, global clients – we’re delighted that we can bring this content to those missing out on Cannes Lions this year.
CEO Lions Festivals
The Lions Live schedule is as it follows:
- Sunday 21 June (10:00 – 10:45 CEST) – “How to Survive a Zombie Attack (and Harness Cultural Trends to Grow Brands)”, hosted by MediaCom; it will be attended by the guy behind the hit show “The Walking Dead”, who will talk zombie attacks and cultural phenomena.
- Monday 22 June (16:00 – 16:45 CEST )- “Toolkit for Transformation” hosted by Razorfish Global & Contagious . With combined expertise in creative business transformation, consumer culture and technology, Razorfish Global and Contagious offer learning on the future of the industry.
- Tuesday 23 June (11:00 – 11:45 CEST) – “Sentience: The Coming AI Revolution”, hosted by PHD. Creator of the World Wide Web, Sir Tim Berners Lee, joins PHD’s Mike Cooper to talk about the revolution that is Artificial Intelligence.
- Wednesday 24 June (11:00 – 11:45 CEST) – “Marketing For People”, hosted by Unilever; during the seminar, Keith Weed explores how the industry can transform to market for people in everything we do.
- Thursday 25 June (17:00 – 17:45 CEST ) – “Social Networking Since 1864”, hosted by Heineken and will explore Heineken’s legendary creativity and its role in unlocking social networking around the globe to ultimately elevate their creative output.
- Friday 26 June (12:00 – 13:00 CEST) – “The Cannes Debate: Sir Martin Sorrell in Conversation with Al Gore”, hosted by WPP . Sir Martin Sorrell talks Live Earth: Road To Paris, The Climate Reality Project and the role of communications in political and environmental campaigning, with former US Vice President Al Gore.
- Saturday 27 June (11:00 – 12:00 CEST ) – “25 Years of Disruption: Conversation with Today’s Most Disruptive Marketers”, hosted by TBWA . Some of today’s most disruptive marketers join Jean-Marie Dru to discuss the role Disruption continues to play in creating and growing global brands.
We believe that we work in the most exciting industry in the world and we are delighted to be able to share some of the reason why with the wider marketing world. We believe that marketing has to be fundamentally adaptive to achieve the best results and Lions Live is an experience that adapts by allowing the viewers to decide the content
Global CEO Mindshare
62nd Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity takes place on June 21-27 2015 in Cannes, and is the world’s leading celebration of creativity in communications. Founded in 1954, the Festival is the most prestigious international annual advertising and communications awards, with close to 37,500 entries from all over the world are showcased and judged at the Festival, in categories like Film, Print, Outdoor, Interactive, Radio, Design, Product Design, Promo & Activation, Film Craft, Mobile, Branded Entertainment and Integrated advertising, as well as the best Media, Direct, PR, Titanium, Creative Effectiveness, Creative Data and Innovation ideas.