22nd Golden Drum Festival announced the entry period is open and submissions are expected from all agencies from the 37 countries of “New Europe” (Central, Eastern and Southern Europe and part of Middle East). The entries can be submitted in 17 different competition groups and 99 different categories before 21 August 2015. Entries and delegate registrations can be made on competition’s website.
This year, the 2 juries from Golden Drum will be headed by Chavo D’Emilio, Creative Director McCann Worldgroup Latin America and the Caribbean and president & CCO McCann Buenos Aires – Single Channel Jury, and Geoffrey Hantson, Chief Creative Officer & Co-founder Happiness Belgium – Multi Channel Jury President.
The jurors at this year’s edition of the festival have vast experience in creative industry, were members of many different international juries and won together over 120 Cannes Lions, 80 Eurobest accolades and numerous awards at the LIA, ADC*E, FIAP, Clio Awards, Effie Awards, New York Festivals, Golden Drum and others.
Chavo D’Emilio, Single Channel Jury President:
It’s an honour and pleasure to share with all of you this festival… I’m from South América and I really want to enjoy and learn the experience of being part of a different culture… I think this region is doing amazing things and [as the Jury President] I will try to put my experience and my humble vision of working globally with brands. I really believe in the power of advertising in the pop culture… so I always try to respect and deliver the thought about the importance and relevance of our work. I plan to work close with other jury members… a horizontal way of work with an open discussion in celebrating the creativity of this era. We have a big role to define what is coming as the best quality of creativity. I think that honesty is the best word that we can put in the middle of the table. Honesty to find the best work. Honesty to submit what really represents the best work in the region. And honesty to try to improve the quality of the work. With that perspective we can deliver a genuine Festival that celebrates our daily job.
Geoffrey Hantson, Multi Channel Jury President 2015
I’m very honoured and flattered to be selected as this year’s President of the Golden Drum Multi Channel Jury. I’m very curious to see the works and I very much look forward to the constructive chats and discussions with my fellow jury members. My approach will be quite simple: let’s call the bad bad. Let’s call the good good. And let’s call the average bad. That will give a clear first selection. Afterwards I think we should always be focused on the positive. Let’s put our energy in talking about how good an idea is and why it deserves metal.
Members of the Single Channel Jury 2015 are:
- Chavo D’Emilio, Creative Director McCann Worldgroup Latin America and the Caribbean, President and Chief Creative Officer, McCann Buenos Aires, Single Channel Jury President
- Razvan Capanescu, Chief Creative Officer Leo Burnett Group Romania
- Svetlana Ćopić, Creative Director, Scholz & Friends Belgrade
- Oliver Drost, Chief Creative Officer Deepblue networks AG Hamburg Germany
- Alexey Fadeyev, Co-founder & Creative Director Depot WPF Russia
- Karolina Galácz, Deputy Creative Director Y&R Budapest
- Michał Imbierowicz, Executive Creative Director Havas Worldwide Warsaw
- Volkan Karakasoglu, Creative Director, TBWA\Istanbul
- Žare Kerin, Creative Director Futura DDB Slovenia
- Pavel Klubnikin, President Art Directors Club Ukraine, Founder & Creative Director Banda Agency Ukraine
- Siniša Waldinger, Creative Director, Bruketa&Žinić OM, Croatia.
Members of the Multi Channel Jury 2015 are:
- Geoffrey Hantson, Chief Creative Officer and Co-founder, Happiness, Belgium, Multi Channel Jury President
- Simon Bleil, Creative Director/Co-Founder, GREAT, Austria
- Pia Grahn, CEO Nordics, Grayling, Sweden
- Radouane Hadj Moussa, Creative Director, DDB Prague, Czech Republic
- Marsel Levi, Creative Director, Noble Graphics, Bulgaria
- Bogdan Nitu, Managing Partner and Head of Strategy, Webstyler, Romania
- Can Pehlivanli, Creative Director, Y&R Istanbul
- Jason Romeyko, Global Chief Creative Officer, GSK & Deutsche Telekom, Saatchi & Saatchi S.A., Switzerland
- Toni Tomašek, Creative Director, Publicis Groupe Slovenia
- Andrew Ushakov, Executive Creative Director, Leo Burnett Moscow
- Ricardo Wolff, Creative Director, DDB Berlin, Germany.
Golden Drum International Advertising Festival, one of the biggest advertising festivals in Europe, is a four day event, organized by the Slovenian Advertising Chamber, which offers great learning experience and career aspiration for everyone working in the creative advertising industry, granting easy access to top industry experts, unique friendship opportunities and cultural mix while remaining the best place for networking. This year’s theme of the 22nd Golden Drum International Advertising Festival, organized by the Slovenian Advertising Chamber from 13 to 16 October 2015 in Grand Hotel Bernardin in Portorož, Slovenia, will be “Transformation, liberation and creative culture”.
Golden Drum Festival, visited each year in Portorož by over 800 experts in the field of marketing, advertising, creatives, designers, young talents and students will offer four festival days of quality program with many interesting speakers and the biggest overview of creative advertising from the 37 countries of New Europe. The organizers also promise that this year’s participants can look forward to a program full of globaly acclaimed speakers.
The first Golden Drum festival was organized in 1994, beginning as a modest idea many considered bold and overreaching. Since then, the Golden Drum International Advertising Festival has grown not only into a European manifestation but also into a prominent event noticed worldwide. From Trieste to Vladivostok, from Helsinki to Tel Aviv, the Golden Drum is recognized as one of the biggest, most important and most visible advertising overviews and events of the year. In the two decades of its existence it has gained the reputation of the friendliest among the bigger advertising events. The festival celebrates genius loci, the spirit of the place, and always lives up to its motto “sharp competition, good school, crazy party and devilish challenge”.