The 54th D&AD Awards will be judged by some of the international creative communities’ highest profile members. D&AD only awards work of the highest standard, meaning that the quantity of top Awards given fluctuates year on year. The scrutiny and rigour imposed by the internationally acclaimed judges is legendary, and ensures that only the very best work receives a coveted D&AD Pencil.
The D&AD awards are truly international and our jury selection reflects this. The Foreman Jury are selected from around the globe, reflecting the depth, breadth and excellence of the creative industry as it is today. We are always humbled by the assembly of creative talent and this year’s line up is no exception.
- Media – Tess Alps, Chairman, Thinkbox, UK
- PR – Marian Salzman, CEO Havas PR North America, Chair Havas PR Global Collective, USA
- Art Direction – Spencer Wong, Chief Creative Officer, McCann & Spencer Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Book Design – Sarah Boris, Owner, Designer, Sarah Boris Design, UK
- Branded Content and Entertainment (Sponsored by YouTube)- Kerstin Emhoff, Founder, Prettybird, USA
- Branding – Jim Sutherland, Owner, Studio Sutherland, UK
- Crafts for Advertising (Sponsored by Shutterstock)- Luiz Sanches, Partner, Creative, AlmapBBDO, Brazil
- Crafts for Design (Sponsored by Shutterstock)- Sascha Lobe, Co-Founder, L2M3, Germany
- Creativity for Good (White Pencil) – Mark Tutssel, Global Chief Creative Officer, Leo Burnett Chicago, USA
- Digital Design – Geoff Teehan, Product Design Director, Facebook, USA
- Digital Marketing – Nick Law, Chief Creative Officer, RGA, USA
- Direct – Anne de Maupeou, Chief Creative Officer, Marcel, France
- Film Advertising (Sponsored by Digital Cinema Media)- Khai Meng Tham, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer, Ogilvy & Mather, USA
- Film Advertising Crafts – Balakrishnan ‘Balki’ Rajagopalan, Filmmaker, Screenwriter, Chairman, Chief Creative Officer, Lowe Lintas, India
- Graphic Design (Sponsored by Monotype)- Vince Frost, Executive Creative Director, CEO, Frost Collective, Australia
- Integrated & Innovative Media – Colleen DeCourcy, Chief Creative Officer, Wieden + Kennedy, USA
- Magazine & Newspaper Design – Jo Cochrane, Art Director, The Guardian, UK
- Mobile Marketing – Wain Choi, Vice President, Executive Global Creative, Chiel WW, South Korea
- Music Videos – Sally Campbell, Managing Director, Producer, Somesuch, UK
- Outdoor Advertising – Gaston Bigio, Founder, David, Argentina
- Packaging Design – Graham Shearsby, Chief Creative Officer, Group Executive Creative Director, Design Bridge, UK
- Press Advertising – Fabio Fernandes, Chief Creative Officer, Owner, F/Nazca Saatchi & Saatchi, Brazil
- Product Design – Ilse Crawford, Founder, Owner, Studio Ilse, UK
- Radio Advertising (Sponsored by Radiocenter)- Mariana O’Kelly, Executive Creative Director, Ogilvy & Mather Johannesburg, South Africa
- Spatial & Experiential Design – Christian Davies, Executive Creative Director, FITCH, USA
- Writing for Advertising – Prasoon Joshi, Chairman, McCann Worldgroup Asia Pacific, India
- Writing for Design – Becky Jacobs, Freelance Senior Writer, Bee Jacobs Creative, UK
Work entered into the D&AD Professional Awards 2016 must have been commercially released between 01 January 2015 and 18 March 2016 and been produced in genuine response to a client brief. It must not have been entered in previous years. Submissions should be made in their original language by 17 February 2016. The Awards cost from just £85 to enter. All entries received by 25 November 2015 will save 10% on the cost of entry. Freelancers and sole traders that are members of D&AD are eligible to receive a 20% discount.
Since 1962, D&AD has been inspiring a community of creative thinkers by celebrating and stimulating the finest in design and advertising. A D&AD Award is recognised globally as the ultimate creative accolade, entered and attended by the best creative decision makers from around the world. Set to reward, promote and enable creative brilliance in all areas of creative communication, a Yellow – or Black – Pencil remains the pinnacle in many careers.
The introduction of the White Pencil- Creativity for Good category in 2012 was a resounding success. Since its launch it has grown from a single brief to an entire movement, producing a record four Pencil winners in 2015.
But it’s much more than just the Awards. Members join a vibrant global community, whilst Creatives and clients are inspired by a world-class training and development programme. Students are supported with projects, awards and exhibitions, which give them a vital leg-up as they enter the industry.
As a non-profit, all of D&AD’s surpluses go straight into programmes that develop the next generation of creative talent while campaigning for the creative industries to help solve the world’s toughest social and environmental issues.