International Advertising Association announced the appointment of the global VPs for 2016-2018 period.
Felix Tataru, IAA Global president, said:
We have now the entire team, ready to contribute to the development of the international ad industry, through leadership, insights and answers to specific needs our tripartite association (clients, agencies and media) can offer. We will dedicate ourselves to our mission and we will strive to be inspirational leaders for industry and society.
The team includes new positions, in line with IAA’s objectives and plans for the next two years. The association is focusing also on creating a global platform of curated content to present the best practices in the world. Another objective is to develop the association in new territories and to expand cooperation with Effie Awards in more countries. Also, IAA has a major preoccupation in representing the area of corporate affairs in Europe. Moreover, the association will continue to develop its extended learning, education and ad young talents development programs. The integrity and ethics, along with the unauthorized interdictions applied to brands and advertising will continue to be priorities.
IAA Global’s VPs are:
- John Chacko, VP Development Asia, President IAA Malaysia Chapter, Malaysia
- Yang Hong Feng, VP Development China, China Advertising Association, China.
- Pradeep Guha, VP Awards, 9X Media Pvt. Ltd., India.
- Heather Leembruggen, VP Inspire Awards, President IAA Australia Chapter.
- Ramesh Narayan, VP Communication, Canco Advertising Private Limited, India.
- Diane Slade, Secretary, VP Education, Edith Cowan University, Australia.
- Pawel Kowalewski, VP in charge of members, Communication Limited, Poland.
- Mihai Bârsan, Ursus Breweries, Romania.
- Karen Carter, VP Young Professional, President IAA UK Chapter, Kaos Marketing Ltd., United Kingdom.
- Mikkel Christian Larsen, VP Sharing Platform, Mindshare, Denmark.
- Victor Dobre, VP Education, Executive Director IAA Romania Chapter, România.
- Angus Grieve, VP Elections, Executive Director, IAA UK Chapter, United Kingdom.
- Alexandra Olaru, VP Government Affairs Europe, Philip Morris, România.
Middle East and Africa
- Norkor Duah, VP Development Dezvoltare Africa, Lowe Lintas, Ghana.
- Joel Nettey, VP Communication, President IAA Ghana Chapter, Innova DDB, Ghana.
- Sasan Saeidi, VP Content, McCann Middle East & Africa, United Arab Emirates.
- Mehrnoosh Shafiei Shahrbabaki, VP Development Central Asia, IAA Iran Chapter, Idea-list, Iran.
- Carla Michelotti, VP Corporate Members, VP Government Affairs, Carla Michelotti LLC, United States
VPs will join IAA’s management team, elected in June, which includes:
- Felix Tataru, IAA Chairman and World President,
- Faris Abouhamad, Immediate Past IAA Chairman and World President,
- Srinivasan Swamy, Senior Vice President,
- Diane Slade, Secretary,
- Venanzio Camarra, Tresury
- Kaushik Roy, Vice President Area Director Asia Pacific,
- Kyra Roest, Vice President Area Director Europe,
- Saad El Zein, Vice President Area Director Middle East/Africa
- Tom Brookbanks, Vice President Area Director US/Canada
- Michael Lee, Managing Director.
The International Advertising Association (IAA), headquartered in New York, was founded in 1938 to champion responsible marketing. The IAA, with members in over 40 countries, is a one-of-a-kind global partnership comprising advertisers, media, advertising and public relations agencies, media companies, and academics. The IAA is a platform for industry issues and is dedicated to protecting and advancing freedom of commercial speech, responsible advertising, consumer choice, and the education of marketing professionals.