Golden Drum‘s organizers announced the top 10 internationally recognized experts to join John Mescall, Global Executive Creative Director and President of McCann Global Creative Leadership Council, in judging campaigns and concepts entered in the Best Practice Section.
Members of the 24rd Golden Drum Best Practice Jury are:
- John Mescall, Global Executive Creative Director and President of McCann Global Creative Leadership Council – During his career John has won over 60 Cannes Lions including six Cannes Grand Prix, Black and Yellow Pencils at D&AD, One Show Best of Show, and multiple Clio, Spikes, LIA and Webby awards. John was named in the 2013 Creativity 50: AdWeek’s annual listing of the world’s 50 most influential creative thinkers and doers, and Business Insider ranked him the 8th most creative person in advertising worldwide.
- Oleg Barinboim, Creative Director, Tutkov Budkov, Russia – Having lead creative and strategy endeavours at Volgograd-based Tutkov Budkov for the past two years, Oleg’s team has had a big break with conceptualising and producing the OK Go’s “Upside Down & Inside Out” branded content ad in February 2016 that has gone on to receive three Cannes Lions, numerous Film of the Year awards, and a Grammy nomination. Additional creative credits include work for FIFA 2018 World Cup, Yandex, VK, and Sony Playstation Russia as creative director and strategy consultant.
- Julia Dovlatová, Creative Director, Geometry Global Prague, Czech Republic – Julia started her advertising career as a copywriter at Progression, an integrated marketing company in Moscow, where she had a chance to work for a diverse client portfolio, including Nestle, P&G and JTI – and where she fell in love with activation marketing for the first time. Having secured a couple of Silver Mercury awards with integrated campaigns for Kit-Kat and Gillette, Julia continued to work there as the Creative Director.She then abandoned the world of activation ideas for 8 years, having moved to BBDO Moscow. Now Julia is responsible for Geometry Global Prague’s strategic and creative vision. She partners with the agency’s senior clients to ensure that Geometry Global’s wide range of capabilities is equally grounded in creativity and strategy, driving business through outstanding behaviour-changing ideas.
- Federico Fanti, Executive Creative Director, Young & Rubicam, Russia – Federico has been in the communication business for more than 15 years and has worked for some of the biggest networks on the advertising market (McCann-Erickson and Young & Rubicam). He was lucky enough to win some cool awards: Cannes Lions (9 Lions and more than 30 shortlists), Epica, D&AD, LIA, CLIO, Eurobest, Golden Drum, and Art Directors Club among others. After more than a decade in Italy, Federico moved to Russia and took-on the role of Executive Creative Director at Young & Rubicam Moscow. The biggest achievements for him were helping the Moscow office win its first Cannes Lion ever (2013) and turning Young & Rubicam Moscow into the most awarded agency in Russia (number 1 agency in AKAR ranking 2015).
- Vilmos Farkas, Executive Creative Director, Publicis One Hungary, Hungary – During his 17 years long career, his work has been recognized by major local and international awards shows. He has worked for some of the largest brands, including Coca-Cola, Vodafone, General Motors, IKEA, Pfizer, Samsung, just to name a few. Since 2014, he is Executive Creative Director of Publicis One Hungary, responsible for the Leo Burnett and Publicis agency brands. In 2016, he led the innovative application development for Samsung, #SeeColors, which was granted a Digital and a Mobile Lion in Cannes.
- Petra Krulc, Executive Creative Director, Grey Ljubljana, Slovenia – After finishing her studies of design at the Academy of Fine Arts in Ljubljana, Petra started working as the Art Director at Grey. Today, as Executive Creative Director she leads creative team responsible for the creative excellence and effectiveness of campaigns of local and foreign brands. For the work with her team she was awarded with many national and international awards for creative excellence, including the Red Dot, Golden Drum, SOF (Slovenian Advertising Festival), Golden Hammer, BalCannes, Outstanding, Brumen and Sempl. Petra is a proud owner of the inherited collection of more than 1,000 vinyl records. She travelled the world to experience the most exciting music festivals and see the most interesting musicians.
- Jyrki Poutanen Executive Creative Director, TBWA\Helsinki, Finland – Jyrki is Executive Creative Director at TBWA\Helsinki with over 15 years of experience in digital and traditional marketing and advertising. Jyrki has worked as an Art Director and a Concept designer in various Helsinki based agencies and most recently, before joining TBWA, as creative director at McCann Helsinki, then at Avaus, a European tech&content company. Jyrki’s work has been recognized with several international awards, including three consecutive Cannes Lions; PR gold, PR bronze and design bronze.
- Jana Savić Rastovac, Creative Director, McCann Beograd, Serbia – Jana has been a Creative Director at McCann Belgrade since 2010.Her credits include the first Cannes Lion for her home country, Eurobest finalist, multiple Golden Drum Grand Prix Awards and numerous accolades with McCann Belgrade in Serbia and Adriatic regionJana is a member of 5050initiative.org, a directory that highlights the wealth of qualified women in senior positions throughout the entire creative communication industries, Creative Social collective member and is one of the authors of a recently published book “Hacker, Maker, Teacher, Thief: Advertising’s Next Generation”. Jana is an international creative juror and speaker (Eurobest, New York Festivals), as well as guest lecturer at several Serbian universities.
- Maciek Waligóra, Executive Creative Director, DDB&tribal Warsaw, Poland – Maciek joined DDB Warsaw in 2004. As an Art Director and later Creative Director, he worked on campaigns which have received the most important awards in Poland and at regional awards shows, including Golden Drum, Eurobest and Cannes Lions. He has, together with partners, contributed to the title Agency of the Year in Poland for DDB&tribal five times. As a juror, Maciek participated at the Digital&Mobile category of the Cristal Awards 2013, Cyber category at Cannes Lions Festival 2015, Digital category at ADC Global Awards 2016 as well as many times at the KTR, the most important Polish competition.
- Martin Woska, Chief Creative & Strategy Director, TRIAD Advertising and President, Art Directors Club Slovakia, Slovakia – Martin is the Chief Creative & Strategy Director and co-owner of TRIAD Advertising, one of the top advertising agencies in Slovakia and Czech Republic. Currently, he is leading two creative teams in TRIAD Bratislava. He created campaigns for brands like Pilsner Urquell, O2 Slovakia, OMV, Absolut Vodka, Becherovka, Adidas in 7 European countries, Velkopopovicky Kozel and many more. Martin took part in various juries of festivals of creativity and effective communications and received many local and international awards, including Golden Drum Grand Prix, Eurobest gold, PIAF golds and more than 20 local awards. Currently, Martin is the president of the Slovak Art Directors Club – an elite club of the most awarded Slovak creatives.
- Bülent Yar, CEO, Mindshare Turkey, Turkey – As of January 2016, he leads Mindshare in order to keep it at the top of the industry as the biggest and most successful agency in Turkey. Based on WARC’s Top 100 media agency performance list, Mindshare Turkey increased its performance from 22nd to 14th position in 2016 and kept it’s Agency of the year success for 9 years as the most awarded media agency of the country at local and international level. His name has been underlined by the industry at Dream Team 2016 list and Mindshare has won the most prestigious agency of the market in 2016 at One Awards. Bülent is also a board member of ACİAK (OOH Tracking and Research Board) and a disciplinary committee member of Association of Advertising.