The One Club for Creativity announced today the winners for the 44th Annual One Show Awards in branded entertainment, design, direct, moving image craft, print & outdoor, public relations and responsive environments. Hosted by Daveed Diggs, 2016 Tony award-winning actor from the hit Broadway musical Hamilton, The One Show awarded Gold, Silver and Bronze Pencils at Cipriani Wall Street in New York City.
There were 323 Pencils awarded – 92 Gold, 102 Silver and 129 Bronze – to winners from 30 countries. Overall, there were 21,844 entries from 73 countries. Seven Best of Discipline winners were announced, as well as special award winners: Cultural Driver Award and the Green Pencil.
The complete list of winners can be found here
The Cultural Driver Award, which celebrates influential ideas and executions that have had a noticeable impact on pop culture, awarded three Pencils:
- Gold Pencil: “Formation” for Beyoncé by PRETTYBIRD/Culver City.
- Silver Pencil: “Boost Your Voice” for Boost Mobile by 180LA/Santa Monica.
- Bronze Pencil: “Buy Back the Block” for Checkers & Rally’s by Fitzgerald & Co/Atlanta + Uproxx Studios/Los Angeles.
What better way to kick of the Cultural Driver Award than with one of the most influential entertainers of this generation? (…) Provocative and powerful, ‘Formation’ – the linchpin of Beyoncé’s genre-bending Lemonade album – is more than a song or a music video. It’s a manifesto.
CEO of The One Club for Creativity
The Green Pencil, which recognizes environmentally conscious creative work, was awarded to “Edible Six Pack Rings” for Saltwater Brewery by We Believers/New York. This entry also won a Gold Pencil in CSR.
The following were the Best in Discipline winners:
- Branded Entertainment: “Lifeline” for Qualcomm Snapdragon by Ogilvy/New York.
- Design: “The Refugee Nation” for Amnesty International by Ogilvy/New York.
- Direct: “The Swedish Number” for Swedish Tourist Association by INGO/Stockholm + Grey PR&Activation/New York + Cohn&Wolfe/Stockholm.
- Public Relations: “Zero Minutes of Fame” for The Brady Foundation by Ogilvy & Mather/Chicago.
- Responsive Environments: “Kunstmuseum Basel Light Frieze” for Construction and Transport Department of the Canton of Basel-Stadt, Städtebau & Architektur, Hochbauamt by iart ag/Basel + Christ & Gantenbein/Basel.
- Moving Image Craft: “We’re the Superhumans” for Channel 4/Rio Olympics by Leland Music/London + 4creative/London + Blink/London + Factory/London.
- Print & Outdoor: “Meet Graham” for Transport Accident Commission (Victoria) by Clemenger BBDO/Melbourne.
One Show winners for remaining disciplines as well as special awards, including Best of Show, Penta Pencil, Agency of the Year, Independent Agency of the Year, Production Company of the Year, Network of the Year, Client of the Year, Holding Company of the Year on Friday, will be announced at Friday’s ceremony, which also take place at Cipriani Wall Street.
The One Club, producer of the prestigious One Show, ADC Annual Awards and Creative Week, is the world’s foremost non-profit organization recognizing creative excellence in advertising and design. The One Show honors the best work across all disciplines, including Advertising, Interactive, Design and Branded Entertainment. Creative Week takes place in New York City every May and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.