LIA, one of the most prestigious awards shows in Advertising, Digital, Technology driven work, Health & Pharma and Branded Entertainment, announced the winners. The 32nd Annual LIA judging was held at Encore at Wynn Las Vegas, convening over a 10-day period. The Juries, led by their respective Jury Presidents, viewed and scored every entry within their medium, ensuring that all the work was judged equally.
This year Denmark brought home two of the coveted LIA statues – 1 Silver and 1 Bronze. They also attained 4 Finalists.
I would like to congratulate the Danish Winners and Finalists. 2017 was an amazing year with some exceptional work (…) Winning a LIA Statue was no easy feat. Our highly esteemed juries worked diligently, they visited and revisited each piece of shortlisted work again and again. Kudos to all the winners for producing some of the finest work released in the world this year.
This years winners and finalists from Denmark include:
Peter Harton, Copenhagen
- Silver – Music Video – Direction for Peder titled “Shadows Of My Mind”
- Bronze – The NEW – Creative Technology for Visit Faroe Islands titled “Google Sheep View”
- Finalist – Integration for Visit Faroe Islands titled “Google Sheep View”
Bold Scandinavia, Copenhagen
- Finalist – Package Design – Graphic Design Product Line for 1937 titled “1937, Packaging”
- Finalist – Design – Brand Identity for Danish Design Award titled “Danish Design Award”
- Finalist – Design – Logos for Nordic Co-operation titled “Nordic Co-operation”
This year, thirteen Grand Lia-s were awarded:
- Cossette, Toronto was awarded the Health & Wellness Craft Grand LIA for SickKids Foundation titled “SickKids VS – Undeniable”.
- Findasense, Bogotá was awarded the Billboard Grand LIA for Coca-Cola titled “Billboard Houses”.
- Forsman & Bodenfors, Gothenburg was awarded the Verbal Identity Grand LIA for Volvo V90 Cross Country titled “The Get Away Car”.
- FP7/CAI, Cairo was awarded the Branded Entertainment Grand LIA for Coke – Red titled “The Line Up Song”.
- McCann Health India, Delhi was awarded the Health & Wellness Grand LIA for Ministry of Public Health, Afghanistan titled “The Immunity Charm”.
- McCann Health India, Delhi was awarded the Pharmaceuticals Grand LIA for Ministry of Public Health, Afghanistan titled “The Immunity Charm”.
- McCann New York, New York was awarded the Integration Grand LIA for State Street Global Advisors titled “Fearless Girl”.
- McCann New York, New York was awarded the Non-Traditional Grand LIA for State Street Global Advisors titled “Fearless Girl”.
- McCann New York, New York was awarded the Ambient Grand LIA for State Street Global Advisors titled “Fearless Girl”.
- Ogilvy & Mather, Chicago was awarded the Design Grand LIA for Morton Salt titled “The One Moment”.
- Philipp und Keuntje, Hamburg was awarded the Digital Grand LIA for RIMOWA titled “RIMOWA Electronic Tag”.
- Scholz & Friends, Berlin was awarded the Poster Grand LIA for Der Tagesspiegel titled “Newspaper Stack – Trump”.
- The Mill, Los Angeles was awarded the Music Video Grand LIA for JAY-Z titled “The Story of O.J.”.
The following companies were honored with the 2017 Global Of The Year Awards:
- Global Network of the Year: BBDO
- Global Health & Pharmaceutical Network of the Year: McCann Health
- Global Agency of the Year: McCann New York
- Global Production Company of the Year: AIRBAG, Melbourne
- Global Post-Production Company of the Year: The Mill
- Global Music & Sound Company of the Year: Factory, London
- Global Health & Wellness Agency of the Year: McCann Health India, Delhi
- Global Pharmaceutical Agency of the Year: McCann Health India, Delhi
The following companies were honored with the inaugural Regional Of The Year Awards for Europe:
- Regional Network of the Year for Europe: DDB
- Regional Agency of the Year for Europe: adam&eveDDB, London
- Regional Production Company of the Year for Europe: Great Guns, London
- Regional Post-Production Company of the Year for Europe: MPC, London
- Regional Music & Sound Company of the Year for Europe: Factory, London
London International Awards (LIA) is a global festival honoring creativity and new ideas in Advertising, Production, Digital, Design, Health and Pharmaceuticals, Music & Sound, Technology and Branded Entertainment. The awards, founded in 1986 by President Barbara Levy, began by honoring advertising in the realms of Cinema, Television, Print and Radio, evolving since its inception into 19 unique media types. It was the first truly international advertising awards of its kind to acknowledge all media and methods from all over the world to be judged by a diverse global jury. Every member on each Jury Panel, including the Jury President, judges all entries, excluding their own work, in their respective media. Each Jury has the discretion to award a Grand LIA within the media they are judging.