The One Club for Creativity, the world’s foremost non-profit organization celebrating creative excellence in advertising and design, has announced nine creative leaders who will serve as jury chairs for the prestigious ADC 97th Annual Awards.
This year’s jury chairs are:
- Advertising — Greg Hahn, chief creative officer, BBDO New York, New York, NY, USA
- Brand/Communication Design — Sagi Haviv, partner, designer, Chermayeff & Geismar & Haviv, New York, NY, USA
- Experiential Design — Valentin Spiess, CEO, iart ag, Basel, Switzerland
- Illustration — Anita Kunz, illustrator, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Interactive — Debbi Vandeven, global chief creative officer, VML, Kansas City, MO, USA
- Packaging/Product Design — Bruce Duckworth, cofounder, head of design, Turner Duckworth, London, UK
- Photography Design — Fumihito Katamura, photographer, Fumihito Katamura Photograph Office, Tokyo, Japan
- Publication Design — Charlotte Strick, principle, Strick&Williams, New York, NY, USA
- Typography — Jean François Porchez, founder, Typofonderie, type director, ZeCraft, Clamart, France
Jury chair for the Motion/Film Craft discipline will be announced shortly.
Craft, design and innovation in all forms of advertising and design continue to be the intense focus of the ADC Annual Awards (…) This year’s jury chairs are recognized creative leaders who are perfectly suited to lead our juries and get them to view the work through that lens during the judging process.
Executive Director ADC, part of The One Club for Creativity
The ADC 97th Annual Awards, this year with the theme “Where Craft Will Take Us”, continues the organization’s historic focus of honoring global work that exemplifies the very best in craft, design and innovation. This year’s full jury, to be announced shortly, includes top advertising creatives and designers from around the world.
Entries can be submitted online , deadline is January 31, 2018.
A significant change to this year’s awards program is a tiered pricing structure designed to make it easier for smaller agencies, studios and freelancers to participate. Companies with 21 or more employees pay the standard entry fee; smaller shops with from 2 to 20 employees get a discount on entries (amount varies by discipline) and freelance creatives and one-person shops are eligible for an even greater reduction in their entry fee.
ADC Annual Awards identify and celebrate the absolute best in craft, design and innovation from around the world, no matter what size the submitting agency or design firm might be (…) This new tiered pricing structure helps level the playing field and makes it easier for smaller shops and independent designers, photographers, illustrators and typographers to get their work judged by an all-star creative jury and elevated on a global stage. It also reflects our new mission to support and celebrate the success of the entire global creative community regardless of company size or location.
CEO, The One Club for Creativity
ADC Annual Awards juries focus on craft, design and innovation, while juries for The One Club for Creativity’s One Show Awards judge work based on creativity of ideas and quality of execution.
Judging takes place in March 2018 and finalists announced in April in lead up to the ADC 97th Annual Awards Ceremony on May 7, 2018 as part of Creative Week in New York.
The One Club for Creativity, producer of the prestigious One Show, ADC Annual Awards and Creative Week, is the world’s foremost non-profit organization whose mission is to support and celebrate the success of the global creative community. The One Show is a top global awards show for advertising, design and digital marketing focusing on creativity of idea and quality of execution. The ADC Annual Awards honors the best creative work in terms of craft, design and innovation across all disciplines. Creative Week takes place in New York City every May and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.