LIA announced the winners of its 33rd edition. Convened over a 10-day period, the juries, drawn from the world’s most recognized talent and presided over by industry leaders, viewed and scored every entry within their medium, ensuring that all the work was judged equally.
The United States is the most awarded country at LIA 2018, winning a total of 211 of the coveted LIA statues and attained 64 Finalists – 6 Grand LIAs, 62 Gold, 61 Silver, and 82 Bronze.
In total 705 LIA statues, in addition to finalists, were awarded from 40 countries. The top countries were United States (211), Germany (111), Australia (53), United Kingdom (50), and Canada (41).
LIA’s Global of the Year Awards are calculated based on a point system of winning work chosen by the Juries across all media. LIA uses the creative credits that are input at time of entry to award those points. The Network, Agency, Production Company, Post-Production Company, Music & Sound Company, Radio & Audio Company and Health and Pharmaceutical Companies that attain the highest scores based on entries that win Statues or attain Finalists’ status will be honored with Of The Year Award.
McCann Worldgroup was named Global Network of the Year. McCann New York contributed to McCann Worldgroup winning this prestigious award by bringing home the Social Influencers Grand LIA for Celebrity/Brand Partnership for MGM Resorts International titled “Universal Love Songs”. They were also awarded 22 Statues for various work – eight Gold, eight Silver and six Bronze, they also attained four Finalists.
Mars has been named LIA’s inaugural Client of the Year. The wins of four agencies contributed to Mars being awarded Client of the Year; BBDO New York (10 statues), Colenso BBDO Auckland (2 statues), Energy BBDO Chicago (2 statues) and DDB Chicago (17 statues).
FCB Health swept the LIA Healthcare awards, clinching the Global Health & Wellness and Medical Network of the Year.
Area 23, an FCB Health Network Company contributed to the success, bringing home 12 of the coveted LIA statues including the Print Grand LIA for Change the Ref titled “Posts Into Letters”.
Jeremy Craigen, Global CCO of INNOCEAN Worldwide and LIA Print Jury President commented on the Grand:
This brilliant piece of work was a unanimous vote for the Print Grand LIA. What we all loved about it was how this piece made the good old humble print category into a completely modern and relevant medium. I hope this work goes on to win multiple effectiveness awards but sadly with the state of affairs in the US this just won’t happen. But that shouldn’t stop us from trying and delivering such a powerful message as this.
BBDO was named Regional Network of the Year for North America.
BBDO New York contributed to BBDO’s success bringing collecting one Grand LIA, 11 Gold, 7 Silver, 11 Bronze and 7 Finalists. The Grand LIA was awarded by the Integration jury for P&G / My Black is Beautiful titled “The Talk”. These statue wins brought the agency the success of being named Global Agency of the Year and Regional Agency of the Year for North America.
Barking Owl, Los Angeles was named Regional Music & Sound Company of the Year for North America. They brought home two Grand LIAs, two Gold, 1 Silver and 1 Bronze. The Grand LIAs were awarded in Branded Entertainment and Health & Wellness – Craft for Montefiore Medical Center titled “Corazón”. Three different juries awarded Statues to this same piece of work: Branded Entertainment, Health & Wellness – Craft and Music & Sound.
MJZ was named Global Production Company of the Year being credited for work that won seven companies 25 statues and 2 Finalists globally.
The Mill was named Global Post-Production Company of the Year. They were credited to work that won 2 Grand, 23 Gold, 12 Silver, 9 Bronze and 8 Finalists for 13 companies globally. The Mill was also named Regional Post-Production Company of the Year for North America.
The number of Statues won in the U.S. far surpassed any other country by a wide margin. They won a total of six Grand LIAs out of 13 media judged. The work was world-class as demonstrated by the number of Statues won. Kudos to all the winners! You are a tough act to follow
LIA received this year entries from over 60 countries. Following judging, 10% were shortlisted of which 2% were awarded Gold, 2.6% Silver, 2.9% Bronze and 2.5% Finalist.
All the winners and finalists with media and full creative credits are available online .
This year, twelve GRAND LIAs were awarded:
- ANORAK Film, Berlin was awarded the Production & Post-Production Grand LIA for BMW Group MINI Brand Management titled “The Faith of a Few”
- Area 23, An FCB Health Network Company, New York was awarded the Print Grand LIA for Change the Ref titled “Posts Into Letters”
- Barking Owl, Los Angeles was awarded the Branded Entertainment Grand LIA for Montefiore Medical Center titled “Corazón”
- Barking Owl, Los Angeles was awarded the Health & Wellness – Craft Grand LIA for Montefiore Medical Center titled “Corazón”
- BBDO New York, New York was awarded the Integration Grand LIA for P&G / My Black is Beautiful campaign titled “The Talk”
- DDB Chicago was awarded the Non-Traditional Grand LIA for Skittles “Exclusive the Rainbow”
- Host/Havas, Sydney was awarded the Design Grand LIA for Palau Pledge
- Host/Havas, Sydney was awarded the Ambient Grand LIA for Palau Pledge
- McCann London, London was awarded the Digital Grand LIA for Microsoft titled “Xbox Design Lab Originals: The Fanchise Model”
- McCann New York, New York was awarded the Social Influencers Grand LIA for MGM Resorts International titled “Universal Love Songs”
- Riff Raff Films, London was awarded the TV/Cinema/Online Film Grand LIA for Nike titled “Nothing Beats A Londoner”
- Serviceplan Germany, Munich was awarded the Package Design Grand LIA for Beck’s titled “Le Beck’s: The Legendary Beer Can”
The following companies were honored with the 2018 Global Of The Year Awards:
- Global Client of the Year: Mars
- Global Network of the Year: McCann Worldgroup
- Global Agency of the Year: BBDO New York
- Global Independent Agency of the Year: Jung von Matt, Hamburg
- Global Health & Wellness and Medical Network of the Year: FCB Health
- Global Production Company of the Year: MJZ
- Global Post-Production Company of the Year: The Mill
- Global Music & Sound Company of the Year: Rumble Studios, Sydney
The following companies were honored with the 2018 Regional Of The Year Awards for North America:
- Regional Network of the Year: BBDO
- Regional Agency of the Year: BBDO New York, New York
- Regional Music & Sound Company of the Year: Barking Owl, Los Angeles
- Regional Production Company of the Year: MJZ
- Regional Post-Production Company of the Year: The Mill
- Regional Health & Wellness and Medical Network of the Year: FCB Health