Husqvarna wanted to celebrate and honor the love for the forest that’s shared by many users of their products. So for for this year’s Valentine’s Day, the company and the Swedish agency Stendahls created Timber – a dating service matching tree lovers with beautiful trees around the globe.
Timber is a tongue-in-cheek spoof of modern dating services: instead of swiping between lovesick singles, the user is presented with different trees that each have their own profiles. Once matched with a tree, it becomes apparent they don’t speak any human languages. Instead, trees such as California Redwood (bragging about it’s size), and The Ol’ Pine (sharing mindfulness quotes) only respond with emojis relating to forestry and flowers.
Apart from the obvious humorous flirt towards the world of online dating, Timber gives attention to Husqvarna Chainsaw Academy, an online resource aimed at responsible forestry.
Agency: Stendahls, Sweden
- Karin Branmark – Account Manager
- Sofia Säntti – Project Manager
- Klas Andén – Art Director
- Martin Onsholm – Art Director
- Erik Toresson Hellqvist – Copywriter
- Staffan Danielsson – Copywriter
- Ludvig Åsgården – Digital Strategist
- Martin Cedergren – CCO
- Linda Fernell – PR Manager
Production company: Simma Lugnt