It’s playoff season in Toronto and Tim Hortons, one of North America’s largest restaurant chains, is going all out with two activations.
On Monday when the first round of the series returns home to Toronto, several Tims locations in and around the city will also be darkening their LED restaurant signs so that only the letters ‘T’ and ‘O’ remain lit. Canadians affectionately call Toronto ‘TO’. This is in support of all GTA (Greater Toronto Area) teams currently in the playoffs, including the Toronto Raptors.
To continue to support the Toronto Maple Leafs, Tim Hortons is changing the name of its iconic Boston Cream donut to read “Cream Boston” on digital screens across the Great Toronto Area. The idea is a big show of support for the Toronto Maple Leafs who began their 7-game series against the Boston Bruins last Thursday night. The activation is running in Outdoor, Digital boards and social.
Social media posts featuring the same creative have already received thousands of likes and shares on Twitter and Instagram.
“Tims has always been a great supporter of hockey in Canada at all levels and these efforts are just the latest example”, said Jana Goodbaum Integrated Marketing Communications Lead at Tim Hortons.
Both ideas created by Tim Hortons agency partner Zulu Alpha Kilo will run throughout the Raptors and Leafs respective playoff runs. Torontonians will be hoping they’re long ones.
- Client (Company): Tim Hortons
- Agency: Zulu Alpha Kilo
- Chief Creative Officer: Zak Mroueh
- Creative Directors: Gerald Kugler, Rodger Eyre
- Art Directors: Jacob Gawrysiak, Susie Lee, Freya MacIsaac
- Writers: George Ault, Jonathan Smith, Jon Webber
- Account Team: Matt Sinuita, Matt McGrath
- Strategy Team: Stephanie Gyles, Sean Bell, Tim Hopkins
- Clients: Jana Goodbaum, Paloma Azulay, Asif Hossain, Jenni McIsaac, Markus Sturm
- Agency Producer: Teresa Bayley
- Illustrator: Brandon Dyson
- Studio Artist: Anna Harju
- Media Agency: Horizon Media
- Media Team: Robyn Van Driel, Frances Fran, Taeko Uchida, Abhishek Patel
- Outdoor Company: Captivate Media & Pattison OneStop
- Installation: Steve Cowan, Seamliss Graphics
- Photographer: Shereen Mroueh