For its 2019 edition, Techsylvania prepares an edition redefining the concept of Eastern European tech conferences. 50 international speakers, professionals from Nike, BBC, Databricks, Doctor on Demand, Go-Jek, Grab or Softbank Vision Fund, will be in Romania for the first time to participate to Techsylvania’s 6th edition. In total, over 3,000 participants will attend the conference on June 8-11, in Cluj.
What is growth through tech? It means both the newest international tech and business innovations, revolutionary ideas brought by specialists from all over the world, and facilitating an interaction context between big companies in Romania, entrepreneurs, startups and investment funds, which create development synergies
co-founder and executive producer Techsylvania
Techsylvania brings on the stage, in 2019, important names like:
- Ion Stoica, co-initiator Apache Spark and co-founder Databricks, company evaluated to $2.7BN, with clients like HP and Shell;
- Ajey Gore, CTO Go-Jek, Asian company focused on ride-sharing, logistics and online payments evaluated at $9.5BN;
- Adam Jackson, co-founder Doctor on Demand, online platform for medical consults and counseling that attracted $165M investments;
- Shane Luke, senior director AI and machine learning department at Nike
- Matthew Postgate, tech and product director BBC.
Techsylvania had coming to Romania, during its previous 5 editions, over 100 investors and, this year, the star US investment fund Softbank Vision Fund will participate to the event, through its VP, Sakshi Chhabra Mittal.
On June 10th, in the same time with the conference, the 4th edition of Startup Avalanche, international start-ups competition organized in partnership with Risky Business, will take place and the teams will have the chance to present their projects in front of the investors. During the previous 3 editions, over 750 startups applied within Startup Avalanche to be present in Techsylvania, and 48 projects from 20 countries were selected for semi-finals: one was bought – Ebriza, 10 received major investments and 17 forged new partnerships.
The event has 45% of participants coming back every year and 90% of them recommending it to other people. The tickets are available online, on www.techsylvania.com.