Mini launched a pan-european collaboration for a limited edition electric MINI with Belgian fashion label Mosaert – the brand co-founded by acclaimed Belgian singer Stromae. 400 special edition MINI Electric cars featuring an exclusive Mosaert design have been manufactured for sale in Belgium, France, Belgium, Switzerland, Luxemburg, Monaco and Liechtenstein.
In celebration of this launch, Mosaert and international production company HAMLET created ‘Levitation’, a heady concoction of live action shots with VFX, creating a slow, poetic and dreamlike ambience in an elegant and graceful style. The film is created as an ode to lightness (of the carbon footprint of the electric car and the clothes) and fantasy. It was directed by Bear Damen and is his first piece as a newly signed talent to the HAMLET roster.
The film will run across Belgium TV and online channels in France, Belgium, Switzerland, Luxemburg, Monaco and Liechtenstein.
Director, Bear Damen commented: “This film poetically depicts the electrifying, human connection between the sustainable MINI electric and Mosaert’s similarly responsibly produced capsule collection. The lightness of Mosaert’s iconic brand vocabulary is amplified by MINI’s iconic compact and light design. The concept of both of these floating high up in the sky was almost self-fulfilling. I was happy to help them visualize this film and bring it to life with an incredible crew of diverse, simply lovely and talented people.”
To complement the special edition car, Mosaert have created a capsule collection of 18 pieces.
The unisex clothes are made in Europe, using recycled and organic materials and the brand is well known for its graphic and colourful style illustrated in exclusive prints.
Client: Mini & Mosaert
Title: MINI mosaert
- Campaign & Content Specialist MINI: Stijn Vermeulen
- Product Manager MINI: Alexandre Cuvelier
- Sales Manager MINI: Joachim Sas
- Creative Director Mosaert: Luc Van Haver
- Creative Director Mosaert: Paul Van Haver
- Fashion designer Mosaert: Coralie Barbier
- Product manager Mosaert: Roxane Hauzeur
- Executive assistant Mosaert: Evence Guinet – Dannonay
- PR manager Mosaert: Gaëlle Birenbaum
- Account Director: Philippe Van Eygen
- Account manager: Anouk van der Wallen
Production Company: HAMLET Brussels
- Director: Bear Damen
- Executive Producers: Jason Felstead, Ruben Goots
- Producer: Pim Verhaert
- Director of Photography: Martijn Melis
- Gaffer: Bert Reyskens
- Grip: Geert Van Beek
- Rigging team: Blaze Productions
- Hair & make-up: Sanne Schoofs
- Editor: Brian Ent at Kapsalon, Amsterdam
- Color Grader: Laurens Orij at Crabsalad, Amsterdam
- VFX Company: Divide
- VFX Supervisor: Maarten Baert
- Music/Sound design: Gregory Caron