Havaianas has announced a licensing agreement with Epic Games, operator of the Fortnite game, to launch an exclusive collection of slippers after a negotiation conducted by IMG.
To launch the new line of colourful Havaianas x Fortnite edition slippers available from April 29, Cheil Brazil has created a ‘Slipper’ shaped Summer Island inside Fortnite.
The footwear of choice for many gamers, Havaianas x Fortnite edition introduces colorful prints that celebrate three elements of the game, DJ Yonder, Brite Bomber and the Battle Bus.
Fortnite players worldwide can now access the map of Havaianas Summer Island, using the game’s Creative Mode. The slipper-shaped island, separated into three areas that reflect the three game characteristics, were developed in collaboration with Alan ‘Shinohara’ Garcia and Mateus ‘Derponce’ Yoshitani.
The slippers will be marketed in Havaianas physical stores and digital flagship stores, as well as in other online channels and through partners around the world.
There will also be a special promotional event running on the 14th May, with players able to earn discounts on the flip-flops if they share in-game images from the special Havaianas island. Simply share your snaps of the island on social media using the hashtag #HavaianasFortniteDay and you’ll be rewarded.
Fefa Romano, CMO of the Havaianas manufacturer, Alpargatas, added: “We wanted to bring a totally unique experience to the Fortnite universe, with a portion of the Havaianas DNA in order to celebrate the launch of our new slipper models. Many players and fans in the game world use Havaianas; now we’ll be able to step into their world and actively participate in the exciting challenges they face in Fortnite – even with a few surprises. ”
Douglas Santos, Cheil’s Head of Gaming, adds: “We asked ourselves: how can we combine an outdoor and fun brand with a market environment that works with code, indoor and competitive play? The answer is to highlight the differences between these ‘two worlds,” he explains. “The idea was based on the fact that during the game, the feet of gamers are the only part of the body that is not involved and so players can wear almost anything they like on their feet while gaming, including the most comfortable shoes in the universe: a pair of Havaianas.”
Client: Alpargatas / Havaianas
Agency: Cheil Brasil
Title: Havaianas Featuring Fortnite – Havaianas Summer Island
- General Director: Tatiana Pacheco
- CCO: Marcello Droopy / Claudio Lima
- Head of Planning: Paula Queiroz
- Head of Gaming: Douglas Santos
- Gaming Specialist: Bernardo Pereira
- Creative Director: Rafael Palermo / Guiga Giacomo
- Copywriter: Rafael Palermo / Marcio Bittencourt
- Art director: Rafa Dias / Victor Pereira / Thomaz Wellaussen / Rafael Dias / Giulia D’Andrea
- Head of Production: Regina Shnaider
- Graphic producer: Luciano Carvalho
- Motion: Renan Escribano
- Attendance: Camila Paioli Cardoso / Douglas Santos / Bernardo Mendes
- Translator: Sandra Leite
- Project Manager: Douglas Santos
- 3D: Studio Nuts / Big Studios
- Machinima Videos: FortFlix
- Fortnite Map Designers: Alan Shinohara / Mateus Derponce
- Photoshoot: Leonardo Sang
- Client approval: Fernanda Romano / Maria Fernanda Albuquerque / Marina Ponzini / Martha Schubert