Jenny Ashmore, Global Marketing Capability Officer Mars, is the Chair of the Jury for the Festival of Media Awards 2011, according to festival’s organizers.
“Media is often seen as complex and geeky, as against the sexy and glamorous area of creative. This can mean that the water cooler conversation is not about the opportunities in the new communications routes that are opening up, or even in different ways of delivering through existing channels and platforms. So I am passionate about these awards – which recognise and reward best in class work, and ensure that we all push the boundaries and learn how we can better build our businesses.”, she said, commenting her selection as Jury Chair.
Other jurors at 2011 edition are:
- Scott Goodson, CEO of Strawberry Frog
- Norm Johnston, Global Digital Leader at Mindshare
- Jim Elms, Head of Global Strategy at UM
- Eric Bader, Global Chief Strategy Officer at Initiative
- Caroline Jungsand, Creative Director at Prime Sweden
- Dan Johns, Managing Director of Ikon Communications (Australia)
- Colin Gottlieb, CEO of Omnicom Media Group
- Sergio Valente , CEO of DDB Brazil.
Festival of Media Awards 2011 is open for entries until January 21st. The competition has 16 entring categories, including 3 new ones: Best Social Strategy, The Media Effectiveness Award: Engagement and Best Use of Emerging Technologies.
Festival of Media 2011 will take place in Montreux (Switzerland) and the winners will be announced during a Gala that will take place on may 10th.