Marta Usurelu is the new main shareholder of the Romanian business magazine Biz, owning 70% of shares starting this month, according to Paginademedia. The rest of the shares (30%) are owned now by the printing house Grafica si tipar, property of Dragos Balan.
Usurelu and Balan took over Biz by buying the rest of 50% shares in Biz magazine from Rachad El Jisr. Before the transaction, Usurelu and El Jisr were equal partners of the publication.
Marta Usurelu is editor in chief of Biz Magazine since 2003. She eventually took over the magazine after the BMG shareholders decided to split, in 2009. The condition to take over the publication was that El Jisr will not be involved in any way in Biz’s activities. She becomes main shareholder in January 2011.