IAA Romania and UAPR started the entry period for this year’s edition of Romanian Effie Awards, a competition that reached its 8th edition.
The agencies and companies are expected to submit their entries from march 3rd to May 23rd. The entries will be judged on June 9th and 10th, while the Awards Gala will take place on June 13th.
The format Romanian Effies have this year is closer to Effie Global’s: it adopts the format of brief agreed upon at international level. “Brief of Effectiveness” will have 7 usable pages, while “Sustained Success Brief” remains unchanged.
The competition will also include 2 special categories: Shopper Marketing and Media Efficiency, that are present starting this year also in the global competition. The campaigns that win these competitions cannot compete for Grand Effie trophy.
As usual, the disqualified entries will be announced after the Awards Gala, through a letter that will include the reasons.
The organizers of the awards will also prepare, before the event, two seminaries “How to win an Effie” for the agencies that intend to enter the competition.
Starting this year, the communication campaign for Romanian Effies will be made by the agency that won, in the previous year, Grand Effie. This way, there will be established a tradition in creating a campaign to communicate the value of the competition and events around it.
This year, the communication campaign will be created by GMP Advertising.
The Romanian Effie organizing committee includes:
- Sorin Blaga – Marketing Director Adevarul Holding and president of the committee
- Sorin Psatta – Integrated Communication Director Graffiti BBDO Romania
- Afrodita Blasius – Managing Partner Bridge Communication
- Peter Jansen – Partner Cohn & Jansen JWT
- Tiberiu Mercurian – Marketing Director Bergenbier SA
- Paul Markovits – Marketing Director Heineken Romania
- Alexandra Olaru – Human Resources and Communication Director McDonald’s Romania
- Mihai Bordeanu – Marketing Director Dacia Renault
- Bogdan Toacse – Category Manager HC& Laundry Unilever SCE.
Effies are recompensating campaigns that got excellent results based on creative ideas and innovative strategies.
At 2010 Romanian Effies, 48 campaigns entered the competition, coming from 20 agencies and companies.
Effie is an international festival organized under AMA New York’s license. In Romania, the project is made by International Advertising Association (IAA) together with Romanian Advertising Agencies Association (UAPR) and organized, for the 5th year in the row, by The Institute, part of Millenium People.