By category, Romania entered works in Cannes Lions as it follows: 9 in Film Lions, 13 in Press Lions, 11 in Outdoor Lions, 19 in Radio Lions, 6 in Cyber Lions, 9 in Direct Lions, 16 in Media Lions, 8 in Promo & Activation Lions, 1 in Titanium and Integrated Lions, 15 in PR Lions, 1 in Creative Effectiveness Lions and 2 in Branded Content & Entertainment Lions and none in Design Lions, Film Craft Lions and Mobile Lions .
Per total, Cannes Lions 2012 received a record of 34,301 entries from 87 countries. An overall increase of 19% versus last year, entries have been submitted in 15 different categories: Creative Effectiveness, Cyber, Design, Direct, Film, Film Craft, Media, Outdoor, PR, Press, Promo & Activation, Radio, Titanium & Integrated and the new Mobile and Branded Content & Entertainment Lions categories.
With the volume of entry levels higher than anticipated, more jury members have been appointed in addition to the extra Branded Content & Entertainment and Mobile judges previously announced. Bringing the total number of judges to 287, Cannes Lions welcomes the following additional judges:
- Ricardo Saint-Clair – Founder/Creative Director Dialogo Design Brazil
- Katrin Oeding – Creative Director Studio Oeding Germany
- Gesina Roters – Creative Partner DAY The Netherlands
- Chris Moody – Creative Director Wolff Olins UK
- Richard Bates – Chief Creative Officer North America The Brand Union USA
Promo & Activation Lions
- John J. Steere – Regional Managing Director APAC Momentum Asia Pacific
- Ove Gley – Creative Director Heimat Germany
- Hiroko Uchigaki – Account Planning Director/Communications Planner ADK Japan
- Hector Fernandez – Co-Managing Director/Chief Creative Officer Publicis Mexico
- Gonzalo Figari – President & Creative Director D6 Spain
- Sara Haag – Director/Founder Sarah Haag AB Sweden
The industry is moving at a lightning rate, as evidenced by the huge volume of entries into the new Mobile and Branded Content & Entertainment Lions (…) But it is also interesting to see the robust health of other, more traditional media like Radio, Film and Press. I am sure that once again the winners at Cannes Lions will inspire and excite the industry, showing what is possible in creative brand communications.
Chief Executive Cannes Lions
All entries can be viewed in the Palais des Festivals in Cannes during the Festival week. Delegates will also be able to watch the videos of all shortlisted entries across all categories. 59th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity will take place on June 17th-23rd.