McCann Erickson and Saatchi&Saatchi are the Romanian agencies awarded, tonight, during the first ceremonies at Cannes Lions 2012. During the ceremony that took place at Grand Auditorium, the winners within Promo & Activation, PR and Direct Lions were honored.
McCann Erickson Romania, that made quite an impression at last year’s edition of Cannes Lions, is again in spotlight, as it received Silver accolades in Direct Lions. The Romanian agency wins at Cannes with the same client as last year, ROM chocolate (Kandia Dulce), and its national sentiment boosting campaign – “Romanians are smart”.
The team working on “Romanians are smart” campaign included
- McCann Erickson Romania: Adrian Botan, Catalin Dobre, Dinu Panescu, Sebastian Olar, Arpad Rezi, Raluca Voinea, Ileana Serban Parau, Adrian Radu, Alexandru Platon, Carmen Bistrian, Sanziana Fanica
- MRM: Calin Buzea, Adrian Preda, Laurentiu Stere, Alexandru Vicol, Alina Cuzmin, Catalina Ciorei, Constantin Bunica
- Universal Media: Mihai Trandafir, Victor Croitoru, Alina Carasol, Luminita Visu
- McCann PR: Carmen Bistrian, Sorina Iordan
The second Lion of the evening, a Bronze one, came for Saatchi&Saatchi and its Enel campaign, “Plant the bill”.
The team that got the PR bronze for Enel included
- Saatchi & Saatchi: Johan Ohlson (Creative Director) , Jorg Riommi (Creative Director) , Irina Codreanu (Copywriter), Vlad Molico (Art Director), Ema Spirache (Account Director), Corina Bratu (Account Manager), Alexandra Ivan (Group Account Director)
- Saatchi & Saatchi PR: Corina Pisc (Corporate Communications Officer), Ramona Dumitru (Business Unit Director)
- Enel Romania: Radu Coșarca (Head Of External Relations), Adriana Tabac (Head Of Communication/Media Relations)
The winners designated during tonight’s ceremonies can be seen, for the moment, on #CannesLions.
This year the old record was broken, and over 34000 entries from 87 countries have been submitted to the Cannes Lions 59th International Festival of Creativity.
Congratulations to the winners and we keep the fingers crossed for the other Romanian entries still competing at Cannes Lions 2012. Keep an eye close on AdHugger for more information about the next day s winners straight from Cannes.