A month previous to Digital Asia Festival start, the organizers announced that over 600 entries from 14 countries have been received into the 2012 awards.
Preliminary judging has commenced ahead of the Festival with 25 jurors, 12 of which will head for the final stage at the Grand Millennium Hotel in Beijing to judge Media and Sector entries into categories which include Mobile, Viral Advertising, Media Innovation, Best Use of Social Media, Gaming, Online PR, Travel/Entertainment & Leisure, Financial Services and Corporate Information. The judging criteria will be based on strategy, creativity & innovation, execution & results.
The jury is presided by Matias Palm-Jensen, European Chief Innovation Officer McCann Erickson.
Jurors in charge with preliminary and final stage judging in Beijing are:
- Amy Chen, Director of Digital Marketing, Coca-Cola, China
- Benjamin Condit, Digital Partner, Mindshare, China
- Manny Fernando, President, Megamobile, The Philippines
- Andrew Knott, Vice President Digital, McDonald’s APMEA, Singapore
- Matthew Lumb, Brand Building Integrated Communication, Asia, P&G, Asia
- Ryuji Mitsuishi Banderas, Director of Digital Strategy, Beacon/Leo Burnett Tokyo, Japan
- Rudi Ramin, Platform Lead Asia, Kraft Foods Asia Pacific
- Patrick Rona, President of Tribal DDB APAC and Chief Digital Officer of DDB Group Asia Pacific, DDB, Asia Pacific
- Sandipan Roy, Regional Strategy Director, Isobar Asia Pacific, China
- Lee Smith, Chief Executive Officer Platforms and President, Annalect, Omnicom Media Group APAC, Singapore
- Susana Tsui, Vice President, OgilvyOne Worldwide, Asia, Hong Kong
Preliminary judging will be made by:
- Melissa Bell, Marketing Director, Volkswagen Group, China
- KiKi Chen, Managing Director, MediaLand Digital Strategy, Taiwan
- Valerie Cheng, Executive Creative Director, JWT, Singapore
- Joel Clement, Regional Creative Director Asia, Saatchi & Saatchi, Thailand
- Damien Cummings, Regional Marketing Director, Digital & Social Media, Samsung Asia, Singapore
- Christer Eriksson, Regional Planning Director, R/GA, Asia Pacific
- James Hacking, Vice President, Blue Current, Hong Kong
- Navin Kansal, Group Creative Director, Grey Digital, China
- Seong Ng Heok, Executive Creative Director, EuroRSCG, Malaysia
- Yoo-Shin Lee, Creative Director, Cheil Worldwide, Korea
- Leigh Reyes, President & Chief Executive Officer, Lowe + Partners, The Philippines
- Olly Taylor, Chief Strategy Officer, Host, Australia
- Wendy Walker, Chief Marketing Officer, iiNet, Australia
- Daniel Wright, Digital Creative Director, Colenso BBDO, New Zealand
The Festival is scheduled to take place on November 7-8 can be visited for further details on the Festival and information on how to register to attend.
Digital Asia Festival is newly launched and incorporates Digital Media Awards. It is a learning, networking and celebration of the best that Asia’s digital marketing industry has to offer. In the 6th year, awards showcase and honour the expanding digital media and entertainment industries. The Digital Asia Festival is organised by Lions Festivals and Haymarket Media Asia.